• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official CFB Offseason Thread: Saban and Jimbo Trade "Despicable" Punches ! !!!!!!! !

Well if you ask the ACC what's best for CFB, they'll tell you it's for Notre Dame to join a conference. More specifically, for Notre Dame to join the ACC.

I think the whole "SEC playoff" thing is not a serious idea, but is being thrown out there as a shot across the bow for the other conferences to quit whining about OU and TX and expand the playoff. There isn't any other conference that would've turned those two schools down, so time to lose the sour grapes and move on to what's best for CFB.

UT is a no brainer. They print money, and if they insist on you taking their kid brother too, then I guess you oblige. I bet the SEC would have preferred UT and USC if they were really interested in building a national brand.

I don't think anybody really cares about UT and OU anymore. But other conferences rightfully want to make sure an expanded playoff is good for them, not just for the SEC.

The big news is here is as it stands, there will be two seasons of overlap between Texas and OU and the new additions.

The big news is here is as it stands, there will be two seasons of overlap between Texas and OU and the new additions.

I don't see the Big12 letting go of the Texas/Oklahoma $$$$$ any sooner than the contract says they have to.

I don't see the Big12 letting go of the Texas/Oklahoma $$$$$ any sooner than the contract says they have to.

Oh yeah. And more time to beat them on the field before they leave.

I mean, I'm sure there is a $$$ amount that gets them out earlier... It's just a question of if they want to pay it.

I mean, I'm sure there is a $$$ amount that gets them out earlier... It's just a question of if they want to pay it.

Yeah this isn't perennial doormats Maryland and Rutgers trying to get into the Big 10 early. These are the 2 cash cows of the Big 12, they are going to have to pony up to get out early.

Yeah this isn't perennial doormats Maryland and Rutgers trying to get into the Big 10 early. These are the 2 cash cows of the Big 12, they are going to have to pony up to get out early.

If I'm on the asking side for the other Big 12 schools, I'm looking for over $100,000,000 per school to allow departure in summer 2023.

Last edited:

Some people just want to watch the world burn !

While I am a fan of our recent success and of our high octane offense, I can say that I would not be too saddened if we traded for Jeff Lebby (#3), Bill O'Brien (#9) or even Kendal Briles (#13). However, I will note Warren works best for the players we bring in and NFL type coordinators may not be the best for us.

Let me put it this way, I am a huge Wake homer and even I raised my eyebrows at this ranking.

Big Game Boomer is just a troll who puts some plausible things in his rankings and underranks the more obvious choices to stir people up.

It can be pretty funny sometimes. Like, do you really think this guy has visited all of these campuses and that Mizzou has the third nicest campus in the SEC ?

FU6L0E3WQAM2T-0

Also,

FU53eZUXsAIsX-1

So the moral of the story is, don't get dragged into a discussion based on Big Game Boomer rankings.

Based on the campuses I’ve visited, his rankings seem legit.

Probably shouldn’t post an illegitimate opinion and not expect it to get some discussion though.

Back