• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official CFB Offseason Thread: Saban and Jimbo Trade "Despicable" Punches ! !!!!!!! !

New hat !!

I’m truly not understanding the Devin Leary/NC State hype train. Leary is a good QB but certainly not elite. Right in the Hartman range I think is fair. State was good but not exceptional last year. Their claim to fame is basically beating a (relatively) mediocre Clemson team. They are also losing some important players on offense, though I understand most/all of their defense is returning. Idk I expect them to be good again but certainly not legit top 10.

Of course now that I’ve said all that they will probably fuck me by going on some white hot ACC title run.

Arch Manning to Texas. Biff weeps. They're going to have a QB logjam and a couple transfers for sure.

State makes it so easy to laugh at them.

all that NIL money and yet couldn't pull in a graphic designer. State has a good design school too!

Somebody photoshop Devin Leary's head on this and make it say "D-Leary-ous"

MV5BMTQ5MDcyODU0Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTgxNjA0MQ@@._V1_.jpg

Arch Manning to Texas. Biff weeps. They're going to have a QB logjam and a couple transfers for sure.

Ewers was also class of 2022 who reclassified to 2021 (and was still deemed the #1 recruit) very late. He's getting paid a ton though.

Ewers isn't going anywhere. If he puts up a couple decent years at UT, he can go pro, and Manning can play after that from his sophomore year until he leaves.

I don't get the Manning hype. I mean, I get the hype because of his pedigree, but how does that not skew his ranking? His highlight tapes don't blow me away, and it's easy to impress with highlight reels.

I think Ewers looks like the real deal.

i did not know that ewers rocks such a majestic mullet

1394116984.0.jpg

Ewers isn't going anywhere. If he puts up a couple decent years at UT, he can go pro, and Manning can play after that from his sophomore year until he leaves.

I don't get the Manning hype. I mean, I get the hype because of his pedigree, but how does that not skew his ranking? His highlight tapes don't blow me away, and it's easy to impress with highlight reels.

You think Sark is gonna sit Arch for a couple years? Just like Lincoln Riley sat Williamson behind Rattler? No one is more popular than the backup QB. I mean I saw the Ewers hype at Southlake as much as you did, but he still is un-tested.

Bold predictions, but this day and age QBs don't sit and wait their turn. Hard to see a scenario where Ewers and Manning happily coexist for two seasons. One will play and one will transfer.

Bold predictions, but this day and age QBs don't sit and wait their turn. Hard to see a scenario where Ewers and Manning happily coexist for two seasons. One will play and one will transfer.

Kern and Griffis better watch their backs.

Back