• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official CFB Offseason Thread: Saban and Jimbo Trade "Despicable" Punches ! !!!!!!! !

Ewers wasn't willing to sit one more year behind Stroud. He also is in a battle with Hudson Card, and may not even start this year. He could easily turn into the new, non-midget, Tate Martell.

Ewers wasn't willing to sit one more year behind Stroud. He also is in a battle with Hudson Card, and may not even start this year. He could easily turn into the new, non-midget, Tate Martell.

If he doesn't start over Card, then he will absolutely transfer. I think any talk of competition between the two though is purely to keep depth in the QB room.

You think Sark is gonna sit Arch for a couple years? Just like Lincoln Riley sat Williamson behind Rattler? No one is more popular than the backup QB. I mean I saw the Ewers hype at Southlake as much as you did, but he still is un-tested.

What do you think Sark told Arch? You will play right away over the all everything guy one year ahead of you who just transferred in?

What do you think Sark told Arch? You will play right away over the all everything guy one year ahead of you who just transferred in?

No, I think he said you will have the right to compete from the moment he steps on campus and it wont matter who has been here longer, the better man will play. Depending on how this season goes, I think Ewers will start 2024 and then lose the job to Arch during the season after a loss or a bad performance. Did you read the thing in the Athletic about Arch's recruitment?

Sarkisian’s offensive repertoire is something Stewart even adapted for his team at Isidore Newman. He designed his offense to be “pretty close” to Sarkisian’s, with the mix of run-pass option plays, downfield passing and multiple motions and personnel groupings.

“(Manning) will have an array of knowledge (in this offense), so hopefully he can get right in that room and understand some things and put his best foot forward,” Stewart said.

Arch isn't coming on campus as a total neophyte. He picked Texas in part because it gives him a good chance to play sooner. I see this being more like the Rattler/Williamson situation than Mac Jones/ Bryce Young one. Coaches see what happened with Fields and Kyler Murray and know you have to work these guys in quickly or you will lose them.

Yeah, "fishy" implies illegal, and that's pretty much out the window with NIL. However, you can be legal but also "sleazy" at the same time, and Satterfield can play the sleazy game with the best and worst of them.

It can be illegal if the coaching staff is coordinating the payments or connecting the recruits with the payers.

It can be illegal if the coaching staff is coordinating the payments or connecting the recruits with the payers.

my-god-a-podcast-georgia-bulldogs.gif

tenor.gif

I thought Ewers went to tOSU in the state of Ohio because he could get NIL money there this past year, whereas some state of Texas law said he couldn't until this year when turned 18. Or is it somebody else who did that?

I thought Ewers went to tOSU in the state of Ohio because he could get NIL money there this past year, whereas some state of Texas law said he couldn't until this year when turned 18. Or is it somebody else who did that?

No that was Quinn. He did his season got his shares and then transferred to Texas.

Shane Beamer is putting together a nice class at USC. Picked up 4-star LB from Jacksonville, FL that UF and UGA were after. #17 LB nationally, third 4-star in the Gamecocks class. Tennessee also doing well.

Big 12 hires Brett Yormark as its new commissioner. He is leaving his job as the COO of Jay Z's Roc Nation, an massive entertainment company. Before his job at Roc Nation, Yormark was CEO of the Nets for 15 years. This is similar to the Pac 12's recent hire of George Kliavkoff who came from MGM. Both the Big 12 and Pac 12 have decided that the traditional route of hiring a former AD as a commissioner is not the way to go (unlike the ACC); apparently, those conferences want to exploit the entertainment opportunities that conferences offer. Also, interesting that Yormark seems to have NO ties to the Big 12 or that region of the country as he was born in the Northeast and has stayed there for most of his career.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/college-football-2-0-leadership-void-must-be-filled-to-address-sports-uncertain-unregulated-future/

Last edited:
The Big 12 has a "region of the country?"

As of today, the Big 12 region does not include New York or New Jersey, but maybe Commissioner Yormark will bring in St. Peter's or Roc Nation U to stake a claim to that market.

Last edited:

Traditionally, it was Texas and a corridor north from there of mostly flyover states. Nowadays, who knows?

ETA:. Forgot Texas didn't come in until the 90s with the SWAC merger. So it really was just Middle America.

Last edited:
meanwhile the ACC has some donk from a school with so-so football tradition and an abysmal record in the conference's flagship sport.

Current Heisman Odds (Caesars):

CJ Stroud +200
Bryce Young +350
Caleb Williams +1000
Tyler Van Dyke +3000
Bijan Robinson +3000
DJ Uiagalelei +3500
Will Anderson +4000
Jaxon Smith-Njiba +4000
Spencer Rattler +4000
Sam Hartman +4000
TreVeyon Henderson +4000
Dillon Gabriel +4000
Quinn Ewers +4000
Jaxson Dart +4000

So, Sam is tied for the 7th in the current odds race. FWIW, their are a ton of other ACC players with longer odds like Kedon Slovis, Phil Jurkovec, Will Shipley, Brennan Armstrong, Malik Cunningham, Devin Leary.

Get the hype train started. Sam Hartman for Heisman.

It’s nuts that DJ has better odds than Hartman.

It’s nuts that DJ has better odds than Hartman.

Agreed. QB of a preseason top 5 team is the only reason. Remembered that DJ was bad last year, but went back to look at the stats.... Unreal. 9 TDs and 10 picks. No success running either. Awful.

Agreed. QB of a preseason top 5 team is the only reason. Remembered that DJ was bad last year, but went back to look at the stats.... Unreal. 9 TDs and 10 picks. No success running either. Awful.

I agree with you but that should NOT have anything to do with the ranking. That kid has zero business being ranked that high or even in the conversation at this point. Great to see Sam mentioned. Sure can't hurt recruiting.

Back