• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Washington Commanders?

Can we call it a tie? Both are turrible. I prefer Washington Football Team over Commanders.

I thought WFT was great! I don’t hate commanders. Like commander in chief. I don’t love it, either. WFT was better.

Red tails was just such an obvious way to go that they just put too much thought into and came up with a name not nearly as good as the obvious one

I read there was a copyright issue with Red Tails which does make sense.

Wonder who owns the red tails name who is so wed to having it that they aren’t willing to part with whatever considerable sum they could’ve received

Under Snyder's "leadership" I predict the Commanders will be reduced in rank and eventual be exposed as the Privates.

It does, but I think it would just have been great to honor such a special group. I'm a life long Washington fan and I would've been very proud to wear gear for the Washington Red Tails.

3 syllable name with no decent way to shorten it? How many of those are there across the NFL/NBA/MLB? The Guardians, which is also a crap name? Technically the Mariners and Warriors but when spoken they're closer to 2 syllables.

So bad.

Timberwolves, Avalanche. People who say T-wolves are just lazy.

Hurricanes can be shortened to Canes.

We used to have the Indians.

Coyotes, but I guess 2 syllables if you say Kai-yotes. Cardinals, but easily shortened. Buccaneers, Patriots, but also easily shortened.

My daughter and I just decided we’re calling them the Salamanders.

This franchise would absolutely fuck up a cup of coffee.

And I say this as someone who remained a loyal 'Skins fan despite living in other NFL cities.

Last edited:
Already seeing McCarthy vs. Commies jokes from Cowboys fans.

This franchise would absolutely fuck up a cup of coffee.

And I say this as someone who remained a loyal 'Skins fan despite living in other NFL cities.

I feel the same. You can easily fuck up a cup of coffee. Maybe we should say Mr. Snyder's organization would fuck up boiling water.

Pretty much every option except Warriors was shitty. Should've done Warlords as an alternative to Warriors. It would've sounded sufficiently badass for a football team, been appropriate to DC, and still pissed off all the people who are still complaining about whatever dumb connotations they think Commanders has.

Back