• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Washington Commanders?

I liked Football Team but you needed an individual word. Therefore I think they should’ve changed it to Footballers. Ballers for short.

It just sounds like a name for a fake team in a movie. Saw a tweet last night that it sounds like a team name for the league shown in Dark Knight Rises.

Tank Commanders when they’re going for that #1 pick

What’s worse, the Cleveland Guardians, or the Washington Commanders?

It sounds stupid. But look at all the professional team mascot names. There are tons that must have sounded so stupid at the time when they first were named. I mean I get the reason behind both, but the Cleveland Browns and the Buffalo Bills? I know these make tons of sense now historically. But at the time they must have at least sounded a little silly? Titans? Wizards? Pelicans? Some are just weak.

Last edited:
Pelicans is a Kraken-level mascot name. Unique, perfect for the location, and spectacularly silly. How dare you.

And I am still of the old school camp where I just don't like team mascot names that don't end in "s" lol. Magic? Heat? Nope not for me. They sounds like WNBA names

Back