• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Updates to the Joel?

This is all about due diligence. There are three corps that specialize in downsizing arenas. Then the ones that build them like Baylor and JMU. Currie will seek these out no doubt. No need to really have an opinion until that work is done. I'm pretty sure these firms can do miracles with the existing arena. Let's see the plans. I'm comfortable with what Currie and some distinguished alumni come up with. I have zero doubt we will see something significant going forward.

If you haven’t been to more than 1-2 airports of course it does.

John Currie is listening, as he well should be. We hired Forbes in large part because that’s what 80% of you folks wanted to do. Likewise, when we get unqualified opinions going in, we won’t have the momentum to get it done.

quintessential dr post

If you haven't hired 4-5 college coaches, you don't get an opinion.

I guaranfuckingtee that Currie didn’t give a second thought about who fans wanted hired or who message board posters were fired up about. That is an idiotic post.

I guaranfuckingtee that Currie didn’t give a second thought about who fans wanted hired or who message board posters were fired up about. That is an idiotic post.

You’re wrong. Ask him. Sure not with a split fan base. But when a heavy majority of folks don’t want a particular candidate or a significant capital expenditure for a stadium, he’s not going to bite that apple off.

Currie is a great AD and one of us. No 1 or 2 folks dictate those decisions for him. It literally 80% of the donor base wants something, he will do that—as he should.

He should have listened to the tens of people who wanted Wes Miller.

What if someone has been to tons of college arenas but has a different opinion from you; is that allowed? That probably represents lots of people here.

Most of the board preferred forbes but would have generally been OK with either.

dr posts stuff like that so if Forbes ends up not working out he can "told you so" about Miller. but if Forbes continues to do well, he can just say "well it was what the people wanted." but it definitely seems like he's not all-in on Forbes between stuff like that and not-so subtly hinting that Forbes will die of a heart attack.

If you haven't attended at least 10 games when Wake was playing in the old WS Coliseum and had to travel to at least 5 games when we had to play the ACC games in GSO, then your opinion on the LJVM doesn't matter.

It's all about history.

Forbes was awesome on Packer and Durham this morning. Lots of laughs.

Yeah, how many Sam Ivy Wake games did DR see in Greensboro ? If the answer is less than five then he need not comment on this topic.

Students could walk their lazy asses to the games if we have an OCA.

the crux of my previous post on walkability was that students could easily walk from campus to the sports complex — it’s really not far at all. but i don’t recall much has been invested in making that a safe / interesting short walk which also has a bunch of revenue upside too.

basically make the sports complex on-campus by extending campus.

It's 1.9 miles walking from Wait Chapel to the LJVM.

Yeah, a 40-minute walk is a bit much.

The elephant in the room is that we need to find a way to take over Old Town Club and make it part of campus. Shorten #13 on the way out to University Parkway.

Or get a shit ton of Bird scooters delivered to campus on game day.

Maybe some big open air sightseeing buses that we use as shuttles on football and basketball gamedays.

Back