• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The school choice and 2-parent household official thread

LOL. I don’t think charter school advocates actually care if schools close during the school year. That’s like asking if free market types care that Radio Shack and Linen n’ Things closed.

They get paid anyway. Fuck them kids.

No surprise, as I've read several articles stating that this is the conservative endgame, so they're just finally starting to publicly admit what their real goal is here. I believe that Rufo himself gave a speech fairly recently to a right-wing group in which he said that the goal of conservatives should be to abolish the public school system as we know it and go to what he vaguely termed a "school choice" system. And since conservatives know that the great majority of Americans would never agree to abolish public schools in normal circumstances, they instead claim that schools are filled with pedophile teachers and groomers, and they're teaching kids to change their gender or to turn lesbian or gay, and they're teaching white kids to hate themselves, and so on, all as a way of destroying people's faith and trust in public schools and thereby making it easier to ultimately abolish them. And making the lives of public school teachers so miserable that they quit doesn't hurt their cause either. Lovely folks.

So he’s saying “Americans” had the highest standard of living until the Civil War and the end of slavery.

Which Americas? Seems we can just base our standard of living on our true Americans, the rich.

MAGA!

Seriously, that really is telling on themselves.

So he’s saying “Americans” had the highest standard of living until the Civil War and the end of slavery.

ahem

i mean, it's a little on the nose but "Americans had the highest standard of living for 3 centuries, including the one where colonists struggled to survive and Europe had massive cities/empires" is pretty great joke, guys.

i mean, it's a little on the nose but "Americans had the highest standard of living for 3 centuries, including the one where colonists struggled to survive and Europe had massive cities/empires" is pretty great joke, guys.

The only people with bigger backyards than American colonists in the 1600's were Native Americans.

No surprise, as I've read several articles stating that this is the conservative endgame, so they're just finally starting to publicly admit what their real goal is here. I believe that Rufo himself gave a speech fairly recently to a right-wing group in which he said that the goal of conservatives should be to abolish the public school system as we know it and go to what he vaguely termed a "school choice" system. And since conservatives know that the great majority of Americans would never agree to abolish public schools in normal circumstances, they instead claim that schools are filled with pedophile teachers and groomers, and they're teaching kids to change their gender or to turn lesbian or gay, and they're teaching white kids to hate themselves, and so on, all as a way of destroying people's faith and trust in public schools and thereby making it easier to ultimately abolish them. And making the lives of public school teachers so miserable that they quit doesn't hurt their cause either. Lovely folks.

Watch as all the good teachers leave the education profession.

Watch as all the good teachers leave the education profession.

Which is part of the goal. More talent for the private section. More discontent with public education so more resources of accountability regimes.

Welp, today would've been better had I avoided opening this thread.

Well, it's Friday, so probably the local KKK meeting. Junebug should tell him that he can be completely rehabilitated in the Pit chat thread. If you accept the chat thread in your heart, all is forgiven.

Junebug has remarkably good taste is music.

I have no doubt that we'll soon be hearing that teaching evolution is on their list of things to be banned in schools as well. It's Back to the Future, 24/7.

Definitely. That’s the end game. They’re trying to get back all the cultural/religious losses of the last 100 years.

Back