• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Official CANCEL CONOR O'NEILL, CAM LEMONS & LESJOHNS JOB OFFER THREAD

I support Conor's desire to make money to support himself but there is no way I'm subscribing to Rivals. The site (not WF's site, rather Rivals overall), to me, is very substandard to most other sports websites and thus is well down the list of things I'm willing to spend money on for monthly subscriptions. I hope he does well, but I too hope he makes separate Twitter accounts (Tweetdeck or something similar is great for managing multiple accounts) and I hope Duke nothing but misery.

most of us said dumb stuff and lacked some perspective when we were younger. i’m sure he regrets some of the stuff he says in the heat of the moment. the content that he puts out is pretty quality and badly needed.

most of us said dumb stuff and lacked some perspective when we were younger. i’m sure he regrets some of the stuff he says in the heat of the moment. the content that he puts out is pretty quality and badly needed.

Needed? Perhaps. Quality? No. Poor writer and obviously a jerk. The only benefit he has is that he seems to actually know some of the players since he’s a recent grad.

Ha, funny you mention that since many of us here actually did this, in the form of subscribing to his personal substack. Which he ended up dropping when he took the Rivals gig leaving many of us having paid for a service he no longer provided.

Now, not going to begrudge him that at all. And I honestly don't think anyone is complaining that he has to cover other teams, it's more about the intermingling of it on social media and having to be exposed to the duke slurping so frequently there. It's certainly easy enough to avoid just not reading rivals coverage of duke.

carpet is right though. clearly the substack income wasn’t enough relative to rivals.

conor works a relatively thankless job but i would probably recommend to him to try and keep those fanbase relationships as strong as possible (easier said than done im sure) since you never know what’s gonna happen next and with rivals, etc.

i’ve alluded to this a few times and tbh will probably do nothing about it, but if folks are interested in investing (money, time, anything) into some solution for getting deacs focused content out there, let me know.

Needed? Perhaps. Quality? No. Poor writer and obviously a jerk. The only benefit he has is that he seems to actually know some of the players since he’s a recent grad.

Cam's access to players will decline if he keeps tweeting out that the team isn't good

(and I think this thread talking about cancelling folks trying to earn a living while writing about the Deacs and others is uncool)

Conor does a great job and good on him for hustling. I hope he makes a good living doing this. Unless he actually works for WFU, he can write about Duke, UNC, and Bob jones university for all I care. Ok, maybe not BJU.

Conor does a great job covering Wake. The fact that he is covering another team and some of you might encounter some of his coverage - which no one is forcing you to read - and it upsets you is hilariously LOWF snowflake garbage.

Cam is a different story. I will go out of my way to ensure I never spend a dime on any content he creates.

Coach K is an asshole and the whole leadership classes, integrity and relationships stuff is a sham.

ESPN up his ass for $$$.

Conor does a great job covering Wake. The fact that he is covering another team and some of you might encounter some of his coverage - which no one is forcing you to read - and it upsets you is hilariously LOWF snowflake garbage.

Cam is a different story. I will go out of my way to ensure I never spend a dime on any content he creates.

Agreed across the board here. Honestly if Les has enough money to hire someone then he should hire Conor.

Sucks because he seems like a good dude, but he must be canceled. Fuck duke.

I think he's a great dude and easily the best beat writer we've had in my 26 years of following the Deacs. And I also think a little more thought should go into how he manages his twitter presence while representing 2 rival teams.

Should writing pro-Duke articles get you CANCELLED??? Discuss!

OK, this is quite a reach, maybe people should avoid posting after a night of drinking ... Conor does a great job covering Wake.
Back the fuck off before you piss off the only decent writer covering Wake.

He's an absolute asshole to fans who don't agree with him. Great business model. I'm sure Les has been really pleased with the multiple times he has had to ask Cam to remove tweets.

Can confirm.

It blows my mind he is a Les employee. Something had to give with that dude. Maybe he's been doing better since many called him out, but I haven't been paying attention.

Conor just needs to keep Duke and Wake content separate on his timeline. Wake gets so very little coverage as it stands, that we shouldn't have to sift through Duke love to get to our stuff.

Cam provides good inside info. If I'm paying for a premium site that's what I'm paying for.

Cam is an insider and Conor is a reporter, right?

Back