• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Official CANCEL CONOR O'NEILL, CAM LEMONS & LESJOHNS JOB OFFER THREAD

plama

Reaction score
Should writing pro-Duke articles get you CANCELLED??? Discuss!

Last edited:
I’m sure you’re kidding / stirring things up, but no.

Conor’s talented, and I’m glad he covers Wake.

But he’s gotta make a living. I can’t fault that.

More to pitied than censured however, prostitution is punishable by law. Will the holes be next?

Do not care about reading anything positive about Duke and the asshole coach. K is the guy who throws more f bombs at refs then any coach in history, berates college reporters that go to duke who ask him questions he does not like. Sends one and dones to take class at NC Central. Certainly punishment to read anything positive

I’m sure you’re kidding / stirring things up, but no.

Conor’s talented, and I’m glad he covers Wake.

But he’s gotta make a living. I can’t fault that.

Yep. Here’s what I posted on the CT before coming over here…

With the caveat that I’ve not read anything he’s written about Duke…

If he’s just reporting on their program I have no problem with that.

Local and regional journalism and journalists seem to be really struggling. Not shocking if he can’t survive on whatever he can collect from Wake fans in fees or subscriptions.

Doesn’t matter once Palma has cancelled you in a title, you are done.

I know Conor will come on here and respond himself in time. One thing I would ask him is can he possibly run two twitter accounts - one for Wake and one for Duke? I'm sure the Duke fans don't want to see his Wake Coverage much like we don't want to see the Duke coverage.

All that said, anyone ripping on a journalist who is just trying to make a living by cobbling together any revenue streams he can is a bit of an asshole.

What problem is Cam???

And no one is ripping on Conor, correct? Just ribbing.

I know Conor will come on here and respond himself in time. One thing I would ask him is can he possibly run two twitter accounts - one for Wake and one for Duke? I'm sure the Duke fans don't want to see his Wake Coverage much like we don't want to see the Duke coverage.

All that said, anyone ripping on a journalist who is just trying to make a living by cobbling together any revenue streams he can is a bit of an asshole.

100% this, I think that's the main reason for the negative response really. He builds up a following of WFU fans for years, we support him through his transition and follow him on twitter because he does great WFU coverage, and then BOOM tons of pro duke tweets and shit on the same account. So now it's either unfollow him (which I doubt he wants, as I'm sure he'd like to have eyeballs and clicks going to his stuff) or have to stomach all the pro-duke bullshit. No idea why he wouldn't just run a separate account for the duke stuff.

Putting aside the bigger LOWF issue that Rivals is perfectly fine asking a reporter to cover the beat for both WFU and duke.

I think one can have non-exclusive impressions of Conor’s work

1. I find Conor’s writing style typically refreshing, occasionally abrasive and always genuine.
2. Fuck Duke and all the content Conor writes about them!

Rivals putting Conor on the Wake/Duke beat is bad.

but The Athletic having Brendan Marks on the Duke/Holes beat has to be worse.

This thread is dumb. Conor is our best beat writer by far. Unfortunately he has to cover Duke as well but almost every reporter covers multiple teams. His Duke coverage isn’t taking anything away from his WF coverage.

This thread is dumb. Conor is our best beat writer by far. Unfortunately he has to cover Duke as well but almost every reporter covers multiple teams. His Duke coverage isn’t taking anything away from his WF coverage.

Well I don't know if that's true. By definition he's got to split his time now between the two so he's going to miss some WFU games to cover/be at the duke ones (hasn't this already happened at least once this season).

For the bozos complaining that he should exclusively cover Wake, maybe you should pony up the $$$ to pay the man to exclusively cover Wake.

We are lucky to have him. He does a good job covering the team and comes around here to share his thoughts. Let’s not run the man off because he, god forbid, covers another team.

For the bozos complaining that he should exclusively cover Wake, maybe you should pony up the $$$ to pay the man to exclusively cover Wake.

We are lucky to have him. He does a good job covering the team and comes around here to share his thoughts. Let’s not run the man off because he, god forbid, covers another team.

Ha, funny you mention that since many of us here actually did this, in the form of subscribing to his personal substack. Which he ended up dropping when he took the Rivals gig leaving many of us having paid for a service he no longer provided.

Now, not going to begrudge him that at all. And I honestly don't think anyone is complaining that he has to cover other teams, it's more about the intermingling of it on social media and having to be exposed to the duke slurping so frequently there. It's certainly easy enough to avoid just not reading rivals coverage of duke.

Back