• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 NASCAR Season Thread

I’m shocked that RFK won both of these. But it’s Daytona. We’ll see how they look next week on a normal track.

There are pics from Denny and Bubbas Twitter that show how close they were to the wreck. Part of the front suspension lodged into the grill of Denny's bus.

I've seen some close and wild finishes, but even now my heart is still pounding. Myatt was very fortunate tonight, and luckily it didn't happen on the front stretch where there were tons of fans.

One day! As an academic, it’s bad timing. During a sabbatical year would be ideal.

Overall the race was a good one. Since the track is so big, we didn't have a good look at the Burton blow over, but had a great view of most of the cautions from the front stretch. It was and odd feeling with a sellout crowd at first. Then it felt good to be back how it used to be. The worst part was leaving the track, but its understandable considering the sheer number of fans and the setting. Daytona is actually very urban around the track, which most people don't realize. We've already renewed for next year, and are looking forward to coming back.

Overall the race was a good one. Since the track is so big, we didn't have a good look at the Burton blow over, but had a great view of most of the cautions from the front stretch. It was and odd feeling with a sellout crowd at first. Then it felt good to be back how it used to be. The worst part was leaving the track, but its understandable considering the sheer number of fans and the setting. Daytona is actually very urban around the track, which most people don't realize. We've already renewed for next year, and are looking forward to coming back.

Glad you had fun! I always look forward to the superspeedway races but find myself increasingly frustrated by the wreckfests that are just a complete crapshoot. Yes, I like that anyone can win, but I don't love that 15 good cars can get taken out randomly. How many cars didn't have an incident yesterday? Like 7 if you include the wreck at the S/F line at the conclusion?

Where did you sit, tsy?

It was my first trip back to Daytona in a while and we were in the 300's close to the exit of pit road.

A group of us went to the 500 each year from 03-15. My son was born in '16 and I haven't been back since. I'm hoping I can get back down there next year.

A group of us went to the 500 each year from 03-15. My son was born in '16 and I haven't been back since. I'm hoping I can get back down there next year.

You should make sure he is well aware of this sacrifice you gave for him.

Where did you sit, tsy?

It was my first trip back to Daytona in a while and we were in the 300's close to the exit of pit road.
We were in 356 this time.
At first I balked at the Tri-Oval club pricing, but then I noticed how much more expensive the concessions were outside of the club. Ours were legitimately half the price.

Is the Nascar Hall of Fame fun if you don't really like Nascar?

Going to be curious on the attendance of the race this weekend.

Is the Nascar Hall of Fame fun if you don't really like Nascar?

I went there when I had time to waste the day after the ACC Championship. It was cool to see some of the history, even though I don't know all the major names.

The exhibit explaining the different tracks that wraps around the main hall of the interior and gets steeper to give you an actual representation of the track was a clever design.

Back