• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 NASCAR Season Thread

Very interested to see this weekend. This will be the truest test of the performance of the new cars given that we've only seen them on a very short track and on a superspeedway.

Qualifying and practice today were a shit show. The cars are definitely tough to drive. Very obnoxious that they get stuck in the grass because they are so low. Reports that tow trucks are also damaging them. Also, the XFinity race was also long as fuck.

Also, doesn’t look like Auto Club will actually be converting to a short track.

Qualifying and practice today were a shit show. The cars are definitely tough to drive. Very obnoxious that they get stuck in the grass because they are so low. Reports that tow trucks are also damaging them. Also, the XFinity race was also long as fuck.
I loved how tough the Cup cars were to handle. Mark Martin had a great tweet about that's how it should be.

It reminded me of NASCAR in the 80s, on the edge of control, and everyone across skill levels would occasionally crash.

I loved how tough the Cup cars were to handle. Mark Martin had a great tweet about that's how it should be.

It reminded me of NASCAR in the 80s, on the edge of control, and everyone across skill levels would occasionally crash.

For sure. This is definitely a good thing. The drivers will adjust. The first few races may be a bit difficult though.

Boo. That seems like a pretty big announcement, but I can't find a source.

The track President made some statements that were posted on Twitter. A good summary of daily news is Out of the Groove on YouTube.

I like this Atlanta reconfiguration, but don't want to see this happening at the other cookie cutters. This is actually making Atlanta unique.

It’s ok I guess. It would be nice if it was a bit wider. Goodyear has certainly brought a POS tire.

It’s ok I guess. It would be nice if it was a bit wider. Goodyear has certainly brought a POS tire.
It sounds more like the Chevys are having issues than the rest though. It's just more exaggerated since the field is predominantly Chevy.

After watching F1 this morning, these pit stops seem like they’re happening in slow motion.

That race was waaaay too long and had a typical shitshow ending. Long periods of freightrain circling the track and the most cars involved in wrecks ever. Not my cup of tea.

Looking forward to a sunny day at COTA to see what these guys can actually do. The races yesterday were very entertaining.

I try to get excited for these road courses but there are just too many.

This is an absolute snoozefest, hindered even further by Fox’s awful broadcast.

I try to get excited for these road courses but there are just too many.
I used to have that mentality until I went to a couple road course races in person. The vibe is much different, but I enjoy it.

Happy for Justin Marks and the Trackhouse crew. A big fan of their team and Kaulig as well. Hell of a finish.

I used to have that mentality until I went to a couple road course races in person. The vibe is much different, but I enjoy it.

Happy for Justin Marks and the Trackhouse crew. A big fan of their team and Kaulig as well. Hell of a finish.

Wonderful finish. I’ve been to the Roval but I would assume that at a regular road course you wouldn’t be able to see much. Honestly, until Nascar figures out how to do local cautions, there is no saving these for me. There was as much time under caution today as under green.

Wonderful finish. I’ve been to the Roval but I would assume that at a regular road course you wouldn’t be able to see much. Honestly, until Nascar figures out how to do local cautions, there is no saving these for me. There was as much time under caution today as under green.
Definitely agree on the local cautions. Road America is the worst for 15 min caution laps.

Back