• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 NASCAR Season Thread

deacdixieboy

Reaction score
New car debuts tonight at a new track in the LA Coliseum with the Busch Clash. Should be a good time with heat races starting at 3 EST and the main event at 6 EST. Basically Cup cars at Bowman Gray.

Regarding the season, I predict a bounce back year for SHR but much less of an equal base with the new car as some are expecting. The big teams will still dominate.

Should we have expect any passing? Not easy on 1/4 mile

Drivers are saying it’s possible to pass so let’s hope. I would normally expect a lot of bump and runs on a track like this but they are talking about a lot of teams being short on new cars because of the parts shortage.

LQ2 was the most eventful race of the day. I think this race accomplished the goal NASCAR set out, get new fans and eyes on the series.

Heading down for the 500 in a couple weeks. Sitting on the S/F line in the most expensive seats I've ever paid for on my own. Ticket includes the Saturday races, so it's an added bonus.

It was a good day of racing. Fox’s broadcast, on the other hand, was atrocious.

Should of probably worked the kinks out of the NextGen car before trying this. Or maybe that was the point.

Should of probably worked the kinks out of the NextGen car before trying this. Or maybe that was the point.
This is after postponing the debut a year already.

I'm hearing that teams have a max of 3 cars prepared per car number on average. I envision lots of teams taking it easy in the Duels because they don't want to destroy cars. The 500 I hope will be all out.

This is after postponing the debut a year already.

I'm hearing that teams have a max of 3 cars prepared per car number on average. I envision lots of teams taking it easy in the Duels because they don't want to destroy cars. The 500 I hope will be all out.

I don’t see drivers taking it easy in the 500 but you could tell people like Brad K were more concerned with not wrecking than competing yesterday.

I don’t see drivers taking it easy in the 500 but you could tell people like Brad K were more concerned with not wrecking than competing yesterday.
MTJ's team was the most egregious yesterday. They acted as if they didn't even want to be in the race.

Cars hit the track this afternoon for the first practice.

I'm pretty stoked for the 500. Heading down Saturday morning, and should arrive at the track shortly after the start of the ARCA Race. Have the same seats on the S/F line for the ARCA, Xfinity, and the 500. Due to the unpredictable weather, we are staying until Tuesday evening. If the race is run on Sunday, we'll have a couple extra days to explore.

I'm pretty stoked for the 500. Heading down Saturday morning, and should arrive at the track shortly after the start of the ARCA Race. Have the same seats on the S/F line for the ARCA, Xfinity, and the 500. Due to the unpredictable weather, we are staying until Tuesday evening. If the race is run on Sunday, we'll have a couple extra days to explore.

Have fun! I’ll finally get to the 500 one of these days.

That's a LOT of laps!

That's a LOT of laps!
I'm pretty bummed I won't be able to see the Truck race in person.

We used to go up to Bristol on Monday and camp all week. We got to see the Modified, Truck, Xfinity, and Cup race. That was a fun guys week.

The big announcement thread got me thinking, we should plan a Bowman Gray Boards trip sometime this summer.

We used to go up to Bristol on Monday and camp all week. We got to see the Modified, Truck, Xfinity, and Cup race. That was a fun guys week.

The big announcement thread got me thinking, we should plan a Bowman Gray Boards trip sometime this summer.

I am totally in.

In for the beer garden.

Happy for Brad. Hopefully he resurrects that team. I still heart the Mark Martin Stohs team.

Damn I'm cised for the 500.

Brad already showing improvement to RFK. Joey tried to throw a block when he shouldn't. Lessened learned.

Back