• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tickets for Miami Game, Feb. 12

I jest because this is a message board and I’m having fun with someone who has some really good points but can’t seem to make them without employing extreme hyperbole.

Oh darn. I wouldn't want anyone to view me as gun slinging advocate who fights like crazy for what is right. Oh, actually, yes I do.

Hate me all you want. I don't care. Glad folks are finally seeing it. When the day does arrive, I doubt my comments will be forgotten and that we massively screw it up again.

It is the Wake Forest way to not rock the boat, and settle for mediocrity and take our beating. They don't call us Switzerland for nothing. Pass on that for me in business and life.

Oh darn. I wouldn't want anyone to view me as gun slinging advocate who fights like crazy for what is right. Oh, actually, yes I do.

Hate me all you want. I don't care. Glad folks are finally seeing it. When the day does arrive, I doubt my comments will be forgotten and that we massively screw it up again.

It is the Wake Forest way to not rock the boat, and settle for mediocrity and take our beating. They don't call us Switzerland for nothing. Pass on that for me in business and life.

Just to be clear, it is not the gun-slinging advocacy or the rocking the boat that bothers people - I, and I'm sure others, can respect the commitment and enthusiasm. The problems are the exaggerations which are really untruths and the personal attacks. Drop all that and you would need a bigger wagon for people to jump on.

Speaking of smart, Duke University is scalping tickets for tomorrow's game directly on stubhub. The heightened money is going directly into improving their basketball team.

We should do that too. Just because Duke is making money, does not mean we should not be doing so. I know you people don't like to copy Duke or their wins, but copying is good. It's America after all!

Why would Duke sell tickets through stubhub when they have their own box office?

Jesus, has the arena debate spilled into another thread? I can’t keep up with this shit.

Yep… went from needing tickets, to sex in the Embassy Suites and now evolved into a classic debate about how Wake has wanted to suck for decades and until they fire up a bulldozer they always will.

DR, as much as you complain about this, what have you done to change it other than post on this board that only WF alums know exists? Are you ponying up money? What do you honestly think the posters here can do about this?

Not the Wake way to rock the boat? We fired a coach in the middle of a pandemic and hired a coach who has been linked to coaches who were involved in scandals.

You're being purposefully dense in your argument that Wake fans and admin just don't care. Wellman/bz/danny ran our basketball program into the ground. It's year 2 of the Forbes era and we are a bubble team. Just because we are having a good season this year doesn't mean every single fan is going to frolic back immediately. It'll take time.

And your argument that the Joel wasn't rocking during the late 90s-2000s is just not true. Did we sell out every game? No. But we sold out the big ones and we put roughly 12,000 butts in seats for about a decade straight, on average. You want a 12,000 seat arena? Same here. Most probably would agree.

We all would like a nicer arena. Money is being pumped into our program(see football). Do you not trust Currie and our large donors to get the job done for basketball? Ok, take it up with them.

If our athletic department needs $2,000, this is your place. Just ask the MODS who are buying NFTs with all our hard-earned cash.

Last edited:

See, I didn’t say any of that stuff about you, which proves my point.

Back