• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 25: WF at NC State - Wednesday 7 pm - ACCN

Wake wins by 18 due to NC State's terrible home arena, which is a hockey rink.

Treat the game with respect. We’ve won a lot but have won nothing. ACC road wins and February wins are a rare thing for Wake.

It’s a good point re: the zone but don’t think we would do that. What I’d love to see is a press of some sort but don’t think we would do that either.

Our ball movement is going to creat issues for State’s D and I fully expect Daivien, Mucius and Monsanto to shoot their fair share of threes.

Guess we will see. I am always nervous about road games but damn the fellas have been finding a way to pull out victories and I don't feel like they've been playing the best.

I predict we see a game plan similar to UNC. Jake is going to attack inside, and this time there is no one close to Bacot in the way. Walton should be able to feast as well. I expect we will see some zone from State, and that's when we'll need Williams to take over and Monsanto and Davien to connect from deep. I think we win by 10 on the road and beat them by 20 at home.

WF opens as a 2.5 pt favorite. Maybe I’m a sucker, but I went in heavy on that line, as I imagine it’ll go up to at least 4.

Walton was banged up at FSU and sat out practice the last couple days. Sy didn't practice all last week but played against FSU.

Let's hope both are ready to go tomorrow night.

Walton was banged up at FSU and sat out practice the last couple days. Sy didn't practice all last week but played against FSU.

If Walton and Sy are in need of rest, this may be a game we see Marsh on the floor. State is lacking at the five and it could give Marsh an opportunity to play extended minutes. You never know what you have until given extended PT.

Reports said Sy was ill leading up to the FSU game. Because he played, I would guess he had recovered some. He should be further recovered with the additional days since that game.

WF opens as a 2.5 pt favorite. Maybe I’m a sucker, but I went in heavy on that line, as I imagine it’ll go up to at least 4.

Have no idea what to expect from this game. Hope we blow them out. What I do know is NEVER bet on a game Wake is involved in.

Have no idea what to expect from this game. Hope we blow them out. What I do know is NEVER bet on a game Wake is involved in.

I get the sentiment here, but Wake has been good/great this year to bet on. 15-9 ATS, 7-3 over the last 10, and 5-3 on the road. Counter that with State at 7-17 ATS, 3-7 over the last 10, and 4-12 at home, and this seems like a great spot for Wake.

Reports said Sy was ill leading up to the FSU game. Because he played, I would guess he had recovered some. He should be further recovered with the additional days since that game.

Coach had nothing but complements about his play.

Coach had nothing but complements about his play.

Yes, Forbes said he played well. He also implied that Sy was not 100% healthy for FSU. That gives the impression that Sy is capable of better, just by being healthier.

ManMan bringing the fucking heat

d1934d35b15647f559b56046c804634e.jpg

Clearly those two are doing something right and it works for them, but I can’t imagine taking jump shots while wearing athletic slides

That NC State court is hideously ugly. Ugliest in the ACC

If the offense is clicking, there is a chance to flirt with 100 points tonight. 240th ranked defense in NCAA and in conference games only, they are the worst. I don't see how they can keep up for 40 minutes and find the -3 as a TJDK quite yet about this team.

If the offense is clicking, there is a chance to flirt with 100 points tonight. 240th ranked defense in NCAA and in conference games only, they are the worst. I don't see how they can keep up for 40 minutes and find the -3 as a TJDK quite yet about this team.

It's tough to score 100 when you throw away a lot of possessions. Wake needs to take better care of the basketball.

That is kinda the problem - we can't. We are still trying to run an offensive/defensive system that we do not have the (healthy) players or depth to do so.

It's tough to score 100 when you throw away a lot of possessions. Wake needs to take better care of the basketball.

Definitely. And while this is the best defense I've seen from a Wake Forest team in I don't know how long, limiting turnovers would obviously help there, too. Honestly I'm surprised at how well the defense has held up with the high turnover rate.

Back