• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 25: WF at NC State - Wednesday 7 pm - ACCN

We are ranked 264 in turnovers committed per game. Not good obviously. Need to start cleaning that up if we want any shot to make a run in the ACCT and NCAAT.

That is kinda the problem - we can't. We are still trying to run an offensive/defensive system that we do not have the (healthy) players or depth to do so.

What kind of crowd is expected tonite? I was hoping the crowd/students would be diminished with the season the Pack is having. I know it’s not Reynolds’s, but I have seen enough live games at PNC to know that it can be a very intimidating environment if State gets rolling.

That NC State court is hideously ugly. Ugliest in the ACC

This is a great topic, but I think might be better to rank them by the category of their goals. I would put State's in the Louisville division of "In on the joke". Louisville's dunking bird is the GOAT of not taking oneself too seriously floor designs.

The good ones:
Notre Dame
UNC
VPI (I like the facade)
Wake (would prefer a Deacon head; it's a unique and recognizable mascot; should lean into it)

The fun ones:
Louisville
NCSU
Miami
Clemson

The "At Least You Tried" division:
FSU
UVA
BC
Syracuse

This crap ones:
Duke's (It has Coach k's name on it and it's boring)
Pitt
GT

I've watched State play a few times this year. I think they're better than their record. They've lost a lot of winnable games. They also have stayed in some games where they were down early, and fought back so I think Wake would do well to not get comfortable with an early lead. It's going to take 40 minutes of at least the "B" game.

I've watched State play a few times this year. I think they're better than their record. They've lost a lot of winnable games. They also have stayed in some games where they were down early, and fought back so I think Wake would do well to not get comfortable with an early lead. It's going to take 40 minutes of at least the "B" game.

State is a weird team. Their record is horrible, and they have some massive defensive no-shows, having given up 80 or more 11 times, and 100 or more twice. That said, they have a few outlier games when they played really well:

- They crushed L'ville on the road by 16, beat UVA by 14 (like beating a team that pay at a normal pace by 20+), and took Purdue to OT (think about that). They have players who can score. A very wide variance team.

Last edited:
State is a weird team. Their record is horrible, and they have some massive defensive no-shows, having given up 80 or more 11 times, and 100 or more twice. That said, they have a few outlier games when they played really well:

- They crushed L'ville on the road by 16, beat UVA by 14, and took Purdue to OT (think about that). They have players who can score. A very wide variance team.

And they had that game WON in regulation. Getting that game to overtime was an achievement.

Hellems and Smith can shoot the ball. I really hope we play tight perimeter D tonight because if they're going to beat us, it's going to be by shooting lights out from three. Other than that, they don't really have many other weapons that concern me.

Real tournament teams don’t lose games like this. Clean up the turnovers and just do what you do best. Don’t worry about what State might do. Wake can run them off their own ugly ass floor.

- They crushed L'ville on the road by 16, beat UVA by 14 (like beating a team that pay at a normal pace by 20+), and took Purdue to OT (think about that). They have players who can score. A very wide variance team.

This.

Not sure what the crowd will be like for this game as I know State usually has good support but with them struggling am hoping it to be modest.
I never take anything for granted and I hope Wake can cut the turnovers down and play decent D. If so, I feel really confident because as we all know Alondes and Jake are the main cogs but there's so many dudes who can score and do other things. Hoping they take care of business.

Real tournament teams don’t lose games like this. Clean up the turnovers and just do what you do best. Don’t worry about what State might do. Wake can run them off their own ugly ass floor.

Meh, it's college basketball. Almost everyone has a "bad" loss on their resume.

Line is up to 3.5 (was down to -2 this morning). Total jumped from 151 to 154.5. Understand that move. Think WF gets to 80, maybe easily. For those who haven't see State play much. Terquavion is ready to shoot after crossing half court. He has taken 9 or more three in 9 of the Pack's last 13 games; he shot 15 threes in the loss to Cuse last week -- 15. Mucius is the only WF player to attempt 9 threes in any WF game, and he has done it three times all year.

What kind of crowd is expected tonite? I was hoping the crowd/students would be diminished with the season the Pack is having. I know it’s not Reynolds’s, but I have seen enough live games at PNC to know that it can be a very intimidating environment if State gets rolling.

Environment has gotten eerily similar to Gott's last season in Raleigh - and even in that season you could still get people in the building just to watch DSJ play (although I think fans are much more excited about Terquavion than DSJ).

It has been a weird year. Things really derailed after giving away that game against Purdue.

We have a 6:30 reservation at Ryan's for my birthday dinner. By the time we get home I expect my Pack to either be down 20+, or at the "false hope" part of the script, in which we bang away at a 15 point lead, but never get closer than 4 before the wheels fall off and y'all win by 12 or so.

Either way, I'm having a Prime steak tonight.

State's defense is lol bad and their offense is quite good.

We should score in the mid 70s at worst. If we can cut the turnovers a bit and play competent defense, State has to have an incredible offensive effort to keep up. Cause they ain't putting the clamps on D.

State will be up for this game. If we bring our A Game, I think we’ll be fine. But if we turn it over 24 times and don’t crush the inside…?

We have a 6:30 reservation at Ryan's for my birthday dinner. By the time we get home I expect my Pack to either be down 20+, or at the "false hope" part of the script, in which we bang away at a 15 point lead, but never get closer than 4 before the wheels fall off and y'all win by 12 or so.

Either way, I'm having a Prime steak tonight.

My knowledge of "Ryan's" is as an all you can't buffet. Hope they don't run out of steak causing a riot !

(I realize this is probably a nice spot so enjoy)

Back