• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ACC Considering Eliminating Divisions In Football

would probably be easy -- but a bit time-consuming -- to average [pick your favorite rating system] over that time period and see how it stacks up

The Duke-Cuse rivalry makes no sense. I'd like to say Wake-UVA makes sense but it doesn't. Duke-UVA and Wake-Cuse make more sense.

Instead of football, Duke and UVA students can see who pops their collars the highest with one hand while drinking Jagerbombs. Those two deserve each other. Fucking douchebags.

would probably be easy -- but a bit time-consuming -- to average [pick your favorite rating system] over that time period and see how it stacks up

Probably. I doubt either of us cares enough to do it though.

What's magic about three rivals as opposed to four? From a UNC POV, I'd rather lock in those four games (or five, with Va tech) than have the majesty of games at Syracuse, Miami, Pitt, Louisville and Boston College more regularly.

With 14 teams, you get 3 rivals and then two groups of 5 teams that you alternate every year which fits into an 8 game schedule so you get a game against every conference team every two years. Increase it to 4 rivals and that no longer works

With 14 teams, you get 3 rivals and then two groups of 5 teams that you alternate every year which fits into an 8 game schedule so you get a game against every conference team every two years. Increase it to 4 rivals and that no longer works

Which I explained in the post he quoted. Either he's trolling or has no concept of math.

Hear me out and feel free to check my math, but what if we had a conference schedule where you have seven rivals that you play every year, and rotate through the other six teams, playing one per year ? I think that would work.

Last edited:
Hear me out and feel free to check my math, but what if we had a conference schedule where you have eight rivals that you play every year, and rotate through the other five teams ? I think that would work.

But, but The ALLIANCE! *

*my prediction: other than maybe one game per team ea. year, it will never come off

Hear me out and feel free to check my math, but what if we had a conference schedule where you have seven rivals that you play every year, and rotate through the other six teams, playing one per year ? I think that would work.

It would be like going back to the old ACC. But with playing one Big East team as an out of conference each year.

Would absolutely love this. Been calling for this forever. So sick of playing the same teams every year.

Now that we've got the ACC schedule figured out, here's what I think happens with OOC. The ND agreement is to play an average of 5 ACC vs. ND games a year. I think that's been 4 some years and 6 some years. I think The Alliance agreement will be for the ACC to play 4 Big Ten and 4 Pac-12 opponents a year. These would be rotating made for TV matchups announced with the conference schedules every year. So most years, 12, 13, or all 14 teams will play ND, a Big Ten, or Pac-12 team OOC. That leaves an out for one or two teams to not play ND or an Alliance opponent. That gives FSU, GT, Louisville, Clemson, and Pitt the option to just play their annual rival as the lone P5 game and not play ND or an Alliance game some seasons.

Add in 4 Big Ten vs. Pac-12 games and that's a nice little 12 game annual package to sell to the highest bidder. Make it a 2 or 3 week challenge or series and give a trophy to the conference with the most wins.

Last edited:
Does any other conference in the country have two division names that mean the exact same thing?

Interesting...

Especially after having a Wake/Pitt championship game lol.

Back