• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ACC Considering Eliminating Divisions In Football

No one in the ACC considers Wake Forest as a rival. We do have our niche however. We are everybody's second favorite team. Which is pretty cool.

Also, we'll see if Clemson maintains this level. If you told somebody 20 years ago what FSU would become in that time you would not believed, and they were certainly more dominant in the conference than Clemson has been

I admit this is LOWF.

I think Wake could get the short end of the stick when divisions are eliminated. The conference will make decisions based on money and prestige. Wake can't fill its 30K stadium on a regular basis (F on $) and has the smallest fan base in the conference (F on prestige). The big schools will get their preferences and Wake will be available to fill in the blanks where fits may be difficult.

Recall what happened when the conference imposed ACC schedules during Covid 2020. The Deacs were given the most difficult schedule. Expect no favors or respect.

No one in the ACC considers Wake Forest as a rival. We do have our niche however. We are everybody's second favorite team. Which is pretty cool.

Why not the "Big 4" as the 3 permanent rival games amongst each other, or is that just too easy?? :dumb:

Why not the "Big 4" as the 3 permanent rival games amongst each other, or is that just too easy?? :dumb:

I agree with this. Any alignment that does not have WFU, UNC, NCSU, and Duke playing each other every year is ridiculous. Which means that is probably what will happen.

I agree with this. Any alignment that does not have WFU, UNC, NCSU, and Duke playing each other every year is ridiculous. Which means that is probably what will happen.

Not particularly. UNC would much rather play UVA that us, and UVA would rather play UNC.

I assume we get Duke/State/BC.

Not particularly. UNC would much rather play UVA that us, and UVA would rather play UNC.

It isn't the perfect scenario, but with a good non-conference schedule, that should get Wake 6 wins most years. Can't win 12 if you don't get 6.

Would they? Do you think UNC would schedule OOC football games with UVA?

Wait people actually feel like there's some kind of rivalry with BC? I've never sensed that.

UVa any day of the week over BC for me, both us and the 'Hoos wouldn't have anyone natural for the third spot if they are gonna maintain UNC-Virginia

Yeah Wake-UNC has been played more though UVA-UNC is a handful of years older

[h=2]Longest continuous NCAA college football rivalries[edit][/h]
40px-Ambox_question.svg.png

This article or section possibly contains synthesis of material which does not verifiably mention or relate to the main topic. Relevant discussion may be found on the talk page. (December 2020) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Following are the longest active continuously-played series in NCAA college football.[SUP][61][/SUP][SUP][62][/SUP][SUP][63][/SUP][SUP][64][/SUP][SUP][obsolete source][/SUP] Many historic series were interrupted by World War I, the 1918 flu pandemic and World War II. More recently, other longstanding rivalries were terminated by the 2010–2014 NCAA conference realignment or were interrupted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
SeriesContinuous
since
Series nickname / TrophyNCAA Div.First meetingSeries leaderNotes
LehighLafayette1897The RivalryFCS1884LafayetteMost played series in college football.[SUP][62][/SUP] No game played in calendar 2020 due to COVID-19, but played in April 2021 as part of the Patriot League's rescheduled spring 2021 season.
MinnesotaWisconsin1907Paul Bunyan's AxeFBS1890WisconsinMost played series in FBS[SUP][61][/SUP]
North Carolina StateWake Forest1910NC State–Wake Forest rivalryFBS1895NC State
OklahomaOklahoma State[SUP][65][/SUP][SUP][66][/SUP]1910Bedlam SeriesFBS1904Oklahoma
KansasKansas State[SUP][67][/SUP]1911Sunflower ShowdownFBS1902Kansas
Iowa StateKansas State[SUP][68][/SUP]1917FarmageddonFBS1917Iowa State
North CarolinaVirginia[SUP][69][/SUP]1919South's Oldest RivalryFBS1892North Carolina

Yeah Wake-UNC has been played more though UVA-UNC is a handful of years older

I think this is backwards. uNC-UVA have played more times, but Wake-uNC played 4 years earlier. (1888 vs 1892)

Back