• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 26: Miami Hurricanes @ LJVM - Saturday 3 pm - Bally

Love to go to the game.

Not comfortable at the Joel. Lack of enforcement of the mask policy keeping me and my family away.

Go Deacs!

I understand wanting to keep your family safe, obviously. Have you all not gone out to eat one time in the last 2 years? Or grocery shopping or any public outing?

Love to go to the game.

Not comfortable at the Joel. Lack of enforcement of the mask policy keeping me and my family away.

Go Deacs!

They have been cracking down big time on mask mandates, as well as proof at vaccination. If you and your family are vaccinated, the excuses are running out for.not supporting the team.

Yeah if you don't feel like you can go to the joel, I sure as hell hope you aren't going to a grocery, eating out, or anything of the sort. If you want to be locked down then so be it, enjoy being miserable, but don't pick and choose where is safe when you really don't know.

I understand wanting to keep your family safe, obviously. Have you all not gone out to eat one time in the last 2 years? Or grocery shopping or any public outing?

Most restaurants still separate tables by 6 feet. In a store there is enough space to be at least 6 feet away from other customers except for brief moments. Shopping carts are great social distance spacers.

At the game you can end up next to, as in inches away from, an unmasked stranger who is yelling at the top of his or her voice for 2-3 hours.

No idea what sirdeacs' family situation is but plenty of people have imuno compromised loved ones in their life. To each their own.

So excited for this game. my youngest has been watching wake games this year. thank you Forbes and Currie for giving us a real team to root for.

for those that care re: Packer, here is what he had to say about Charlie Davis a few years ago:

https://www.sportsbroadcastjournal.com/billy-packer-cant-work-today-due-to-political-correctness/

You were selected to Wake Forest’s Hall of Fame. Years later, you asked the school to withdraw your name What in the world happened? Pulling your name forever off an esteemed and glistening list. Wow!

I recruited Charlie Davis when I was an assistant coach at Wake. He was the second African-American basketball player ever to play for the school. This is like 1968. He was the first ever African American ACC MVP. He never got his degree but after he played some pro ball, I helped him land a job at Wake and as part of the agreement he earned his college degree too. After some period, he called me and said that Wake wouldn’t allow him to advance. I reached out to the president on Charlie’s behalf but eventually he was let go. So I helped him file a grievance and eventually the university agreed to compensate Charlie and write him a letter of recommendation for future job applications elsewhere. It was unfair so when it was over, I just told Wake to remove me from the Hall of Fame.

You can also pick an area with 6 rows completely empty if you're worried about that. And can stay 6 feet away just like in stores elsewhere.

They have been cracking down big time on mask mandates, as well as proof at vaccination. If you and your family are vaccinated, the excuses are running out for.not supporting the team.

Yep the cloth masks do little to nothing anyway. I have no problem going and sitting next to someone who is not wearing a mask. At the NC State game there were as many without masks as with masks. I am vaxed and going to enjoy life but to each his own.

Despite DR's non-stop attack on LJVM, WF has one of the best home court advantages in college basketball. KP rates WF home court edge at 4.1 points. 9th best in all of college basketball. 5 of the teams with better home court advantages play at with altitude advantages (Colorado, Air Force, New Mexico, Utah and Utah State). Among power conference teams, only Texas Tech and West Virginia have better court edges. Deacs play well on the parquet.

Impressive

I haven't really followed the rpi for a while, but today Wake is ranked 61st. Ouch.

Love to go to the game.

Go Deacs!

I feel they have done a great job with mask encouragement with almost all fans buying in. Students are pretty much all vaxed so they are a bit less compliant

Have to appreciate Packer's stance on this. Showed alot of love for Davis. Can't believe Wake treated Davis so poorly but would also like to get the other side of the story if there is one. Glad he is back supporting Wake

Long history of wake alums being disgruntled with decisions. Davis, Packer, Duncan, Elrod, etc.

Really weird that Davis was treated poorly back then. Can't imagine why.

I'll be at the game and am hoping the place is packed and jumping. But, if someone wants to stay away (for any reason) do you think calling them out on a message board is necessary? Damn, are we that hard up for a few extra fans?? I'll cheer louder... : )

Go Deacs! #21 on the season.

Also, very cool story about Packer and Davis. I met Billy one night at the Lowe's foods on Robinhood and we talked basketball for about 10 minutes. I was impressed.

I'll be at the game and am hoping the place is packed and jumping. But, if someone wants to stay away (for any reason) do you think calling them out on a message board is necessary? Damn, are we that hard up for a few extra fans?? I'll cheer louder... : )

Go Deacs! #21 on the season.

I was just rustling jimmies. I respect anyone's decision to do what they feel is best for their family.

Despite DR's non-stop attack on LJVM, WF has one of the best home court advantages in college basketball. KP rates WF home court edge at 4.1 points. 9th best in all of college basketball. 5 of the teams with better home court advantages play at with altitude advantages (Colorado, Air Force, New Mexico, Utah and Utah State). Among power conference teams, only Texas Tech and West Virginia have better court edges. Deacs play well on the parquet.

What is the timeframe for this?

I’ve noticed over the last decade or so we’ve ranked high on this metric, but I always assumed it was just because we were god awful on the road (and only good at home relative to that).

Last edited:
Back