• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 26: Miami Hurricanes @ LJVM - Saturday 3 pm - Bally

I agree with this. Hopefully this is the lull of the season and the Miami loss woke everyone up.

I hope we are not getting / will not get fatigued, particularly in the ACC tournament (the double bye would help).

Posted this elsewhere, but Walton has played more minutes this year than he has played, total, since his 2017-18 season.

By the end of the Notre Dame game, ManMan will have played more minutes at WF than he did in two seasons at OU.

Jake and Mucius are already exceeding their career highs in minutes played.

I'm glad we get good 2-point shots because those should still be high-percentage shots on tired legs, but defending may suffer.

hopefully our conditioning is great...but a short bench can take a toll down the stretch.

The weekend off before the tourney starts will allow us to rest and reset. Byes will only help further.

I didn't realize that Walton, Mucius, and Williamson "could" return. That would be a huge "win" and give the bench more time to develop. LaRavia I would expect to return anyway. One more year for Mucius and LaRavia could really help their chances for a pro career. Williamson is a HUGE player for any college team but likely too small for an NBA team.

The young guards will be needed no matter what next season and Keller will hopefully just add to the rotation of size and scoring ability. Ball handling and turnovers will be a big question mark going into 2022-23 as it's been our mortal wound all season.

Before I forget, Alondes Williams has the most beautiful technique of finishing at the rim we've seen in decades. He keeps the ball in his outstretched hand until he is so close to the backboard or rim that nobody can block the ball when he releases it. His size at 6'5" and jumping ability are part of it, but the way he finishes close to the board or rim is brilliant. He also has a terrific style of releasing the ball from just below the backboard with a slight kiss that immediately puts the ball in the net with no chance of a miss. It's a brilliant style that should really help him in the pros.

Rehashing a bit here. Forbes is as critical - if not more - than any of the board game reaction.

"Miami came in here today and just played harder than we did and wanted to win more than we did" - he questioned the team's effort several times, though he framed it as he [coaching wise] didn't have the team ready to play.

"We couldn't guard the ball, couldn't finish at the basket..."

"The Achilles heel we've been talking about for awhile now, turnovers, is a problem... we can't win big games like this when you turn the ball over like that."

"We haven't accomplished anything" - maybe my favorite reaction since Forbes has been here.

Back