• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 Carolina Panthers Thread - Move to the 2023 thread

The problem this year is Rhule is clearly on the hot seat so he will try to improve the roster to win this season when we all as fans generally agree let’s keep rebuilding and punt on this year and go for a QB in next years draft

he had a top 5 QB season in 2020 when they went 4-12. look at his stats that year

If you think a QB who went 4-12 had a top 5 QB season, you are looking at the wrong stats. Somebody has to perform on bad teams simply by being on the field. Trae Young is 4th in the NBA in scoring for a team that is 34-34. He is clearly good, but would anyone say he is a top-5 NBA player this season? Hell no.

A QB's job is to win games, more than any position in pro sports. Obviously, he isn't the only person who impacts winning, but his impact on winning is substantial enough that a top-5 QB should be able to win more than 4 games on his own. Joe Burrow just dragged the fucking Bengals to the Super Bowl. Justin Herbert just pulled a sorry roster to 9-8. No top-5 QB, in the prime of his career, is going 4-12.

Darnold went 3-9 last year. Similar to Watson's 4-12.

I'd call DJ Moore a homerun first round pick considering he was the 24th pick.

He may end up there, although I remember lots of "DJ Moore isn't a #1 WR" talk on prior iterations of this thread.

If you think a QB who went 4-12 had a top 5 QB season, you are looking at the wrong stats. Somebody has to perform on bad teams simply by being on the field. Trae Young is 4th in the NBA in scoring for a team that is 34-34. He is clearly good, but would anyone say he is a top-5 NBA player this season? Hell no.

A QB's job is to win games, more than any position in pro sports. Obviously, he isn't the only person who impacts winning, but his impact on winning is substantial enough that a top-5 QB should be able to win more than 4 games on his own. Joe Burrow just dragged the fucking Bengals to the Super Bowl. Justin Herbert just pulled a sorry roster to 9-8. No top-5 QB, in the prime of his career, is going 4-12.

I rest my case. Watson is a top-5 QB.

Daniel Jones will be a FA next year if the Giants don't pick up the 5th year option. Bring him home !

Is the QB from Liberty not good or do people just hate him because he went to Liberty?

I’m not aware of anyone hating him because he went to Liberty. He went where he could showcase his skills, and that seemed to pay off for him. There’s a video of him giving food to a homeless person at the combine which, if authentically captured, is very cool. If he did it for the cameras then bleah.

I think fans and draftniks just aren’t sure if he had the skill set to compete against NFL competition. Definitely an intriguing Justin Fields style prospect though I think he’ll ultimately be drafted too high. He’s benefiting from being in such a weak QB class.

Yeah, he's not Trey Lance and the idea of picking him at #6 is not a good idea.

Hopefully we can get the Princeton QB who picked up the trash behind the bench at the combine though.

Is the QB from Liberty not good or do people just hate him because he went to Liberty?

Zero to do with Liberty. He started off at Auburn but then transferred to Liberty after losing the starting job to Nix. That would be Auburn's incorrect decision. I was never a Nix fan. I watched him against Ole Miss, and he was running for his life because they couldn't block anyone. He's not that tall at 6' even but can probably run at least a 4.6 and has a rocket arm. The word on him is he makes a fair amount of amazing throws into tight windows, but he's wild - probably wilder than Allen was at Wyoming. If you draft him, you're likely to sit him that 1st year and have him work on mechanics - like Lance. He has the biggest boom or bust potential in this draft in that he could end up a top 10 QB in the league if everything works out. And he's the only QB in this draft with that kind of potential. With everyone else, you're hoping they can become serviceable starters. Seems like a really nice kid to boot - has none of that Baker/Qaron/Kyler drama queen stuff. Word out of the Senior Bowl was that Tomlin loves him, so I doubt he makes it past 20. I can also see Seattle taking him at 9 and sitting him behind Lock for a while.

baker is a drama queen?? cleveland seems to be the one that has caused this rift with their qb

baker is a drama queen?? cleveland seems to be the one that has caused this rift with their qb

By not rewarding him with a huge contract when he hasn't earned anything close to what he wants? He hurt the team by insisting on coming back too early last year when he couldn't throw with any velocity with that brace on. They would have been better off with a healthy Keenum.

So yes, Carolina could trade for Mayfield, and it wouldn't cost much in draft capital, because Cleveland is done with him. If healthy, is a significant upgrade over Darnold. But then you're going to have to pay him $35-40mil per after this season.

imo, i think Carolina should not draft a QB in this class. they will not be good next year anyway, so fill up some of the building block positions.

As a Jets fan, i warned that Darnold is not a good QB. this QB class is weak and they would have to pull a Jets and draft a QB way too high to get one of the "quality" guys.

DON'T DO IT!!!

p.s. stay away from Watson, he would be a PR mess.

If Watson goes to the Falcons, let's grab Ryan !

I'd rather grab Jameis if Watson goes to the Falcons .. beat the Bucs and Saints with their former QB.

* No, I don't think it's a no-brainer that Jameis returns to the Saints if the Falcons get Watson. You just took the Saints to 5-2 before you got hurt (no way to control that happening) and the way the team thanks you is to go after Watson? Yeah, if I was him I would NOT resign with the Saints.

Last edited:
Back