• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 Carolina Panthers Thread - Move to the 2023 thread

The Panthers are the one team who have been consistently trying to get Watson throughout this whole scenario. He isn’t going to pick the Panthers and the Panthers don’t have the draft capital or talent to make a good trade that won’t sink the franchise even further.

I agree with the above that not getting Watson doesn't bother me as much as what Tepper will do with his desperation now.

(I'm glad we didn't get Watson, he's scum)

Best case I think...no need to pay out the butt to get a good QB who will struggle behind a terrible OL, just like any other QB you'd put back there. Tank for a much better QB class next year, maybe get some capital for CMC and actually rebuild the franchise behind a stout defense.

Yeah what desperate moves do we think the franchise will make?

I never understood the argument that rhule will make a desperate move for the short term, when it’s Tepper‘s team and he’s heavily involved and won’t do something just appease his coach that has no long term value. I guess the issue is that Tepper is desperate too

But not desperate enough to fire Rhule.

Tepper not really a great salesman when you are restricted by the amount of money you can spend and need to sell coming to play for the shit coach you won’t fire.

Watson eliminated Panthers cause they wouldn't guarantee the 3rd and 4th year of his contract

lol umm what?

There’s no way. No way they can be so inept. They guarantee Darnold’s 5th no problem and won’t guarantee Watson’s 3rd and 4th? No way.

Steve Smith on Baker Mayfield. "I lead the league in something besides crying."

Steve Smith on Baker Mayfield. "I lead the league in something besides crying."

Love that dude.

Back