• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 Carolina Panthers Thread - Move to the 2023 thread

I saw a mock with that OT from UNI at #6. He’s the guy I thought we could drop down and get at #15 or so.

I was reading Senior Bowl reviews that said he seriously struggled in the 1 on 1s. The trouble with trading down is you have to have an offer. No team should be thinking about QB at 6. If Thibodeaux is on the board with 3 OTs gone, I doubt teams would trade up for him with Karloftis still on the board. If the 3rd OT is still on the board, that would probably be your best bet. Then again, I'd really want to take that OT and solve that LT position. I think you might see more movement in the 9-20s range for QBs and WRs.

I don't want to trade down. I'm just saying if Fit does trade down, I'm hoping there's still a LT there.

Yeah, we're pretty screwed if we can't get a likely 10-year starter at LT with the #6 pick.

I'm more worried about won't than can't.

I want to at least have the option. That way, if the don't, I can easily walk away for a bit because I know they're going to be horrible.

They’re going to be horrible regardless. The question is if they’re going to try to improve by executing a long term plan. Any plan should start with drafting a 10 year starter at LT.

Speculation is Jax is taking a LT. NYG likely will as well. NYJ and Det have addressed LT in the last 2 drafts. You gotta think Det takes the local edge in Hutchinson, and NYJ go either Thibodeaux or Hamilton. The question for you is Hou. They currently have Tunsil at LT on a bad contract, but OTOH, he is 1 of their most talented players. I think they either try to trade down or take the best defensive player available.

They’re going to be horrible regardless. The question is if they’re going to try to improve by executing a long term plan. Any plan should start with drafting a 10 year starter at LT.

If they draft a guy who can start at LT this year and impact our OL play, the team will absolutely improve.

10 year starter? That's ambitious.

Not really. Jordan Gross was an 11 year starter. Before him, Todd Stessuie was a 10 year starter (7 years for the Vikings and 3 years for the Panthers). Blake Brockermeyer was a 7 year starter for the Panthers then Bears.

I'm guessing most LTs picked in the Top 6 are 10 year starters.

What a shit franchise.

Newly signed Carolina Panthers TE Ian Thomas faces 5 misdemeanor charges

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...ers-te-ian-thomas-faces-5-misdemeanor-charges

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Tight end Ian Thomas, who last week signed a three-year extension with the Carolina Panthers, faces five misdemeanor charges for attempting to escape police on a dirt bike in July.
According to the police report obtained by ESPN, Thomas was placed under arrest for failure to heed to blue lights and sirens, reckless driving and operating an uninsured, unregistered dirt bike after taking off at a traffic stop north of Charlotte in Huntersville, North Carolina.
The incident surfaced on Monday, three days after Thomas received a three-year, $16.95 million deal to avoid becoming a free agent. A team spokesperson said the team was aware of the matter and notified the league at the time the incident occurred.

He did at least one of our football games this year.

I believe Wes Durham still does college pbp and the Falcons radio call (in addition to his show with Packer). wonder if Anish will do the same.

I imagine so. The long time Bucs play-by-play guy is also the FSU play-by-play guy.

I thought I made a comment about Shroff sounding like Steve Levy during the Cuse game. I looked back and I made that comment during the 2012 Vandy game.

Anybody else mentioned that this Anish guy on play-by-play sounds just like Steve Levy?

Last edited:
I get that comparison. He’s a pretty good college announcer IMO.

Back