• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 Carolina Panthers Thread - Move to the 2023 thread

Just talked to a former player who works for the Panthers. He said that Mayfield has really stepped up and looks great and that Corral has also been super impressive for a rookie. Also said that Ickey has been looking worthy of the 6th pick lately but he reserves judgement on rookies until they're under the lights. This former player was an offensive lineman so he should know on Ickey.

Just talked to a former player who works for the Panthers. He said that Mayfield has really stepped up and looks great and that Corral has also been super impressive for a rookie. Also said that Ickey has been looking worthy of the 6th pick lately but he reserves judgement on rookies until they're under the lights. This former player was an offensive lineman so he should know on Ickey.

Glad we went from "cut him" to "build the damn statue" in 72 hours

Great to hear on Corral as well. If he was somehow the answer starting next season we have the roster build to easily jump into the top 8 teams.

i've heard the same on corral

we may have something in that kid and it's nice that we don't have to throw him into the fire

They could also do that with Cam.

Newsflash: At this point in their respective careers, Wolford is superior to both Cam and Darnold. Remember that he was going to start over Goff in the playoffs 2 years ago, and Goff is better than Darnold - or at least is slightly better and much less stupid. And fwiw, I'd rather have Bryce Perkins, their 3rd string QB, over current Cam or Darnold, especially at his price tag. LAR will be fine and still make the playoffs if Stafford has to miss a few games. And in the meantime, check out a couple of Rams preseason games. Perkins looked really good last preseason.

Jimmy Garappolo on short list of teams needing immediate quarterback help; especially Browns.

Darnold is an intriguing QB because he started the season 3-0 last year. If your QB is out for a few games to start the season, he has to be in the conversation.

i've heard the same on corral

we may have something in that kid and it's nice that we don't have to throw him into the fire

Glad to hear this. If the Panthers aren't fighting for a playoff spot in December, I'd like to see them throw him in there the last few games. Then next offseason, sign a Huntly or Perkins to compete with Corral and draft another QB like that and spend your FA $$ elsewhere. Better that than pay Baker $35mil per on a big contract.

Darnold is an intriguing QB because he started the season 3-0 last year. If your QB is out for a few games to start the season, he has to be in the conversation.

best not to risk playing him then. keep him under glass until a team needs him.

When looking at the big picture, you can't just cherry pick a few games here and there. You evaluate his game as a whole. You do see a few good games here and there because he does have the physical traits - a really good arm and he's somewhat mobile. But anytime he has gone up against good Ds that are good at disguising their coverages and blitzes, he is going to see ghosts. Just face it that he's done as a starting QB in this league.

I think you’re discounting the importance of the first three games to a team.

Glad Tepper could come up with some pocket change.

Tepper has pissed off pretty much everybody in Charlotte at this point.

Maybe there is more to the story than the common folks know, but a really bad look for Tepper to bad mouth little ole Rock Hill and try to paint them out as the bad buy and now ponying up $82mm! That screams you completely breached the contract and decided to try and ream the lil guy. I hope there is more to story but if so Tepper hasn't even tried to paint a better picture with news of payout.

He seems incredibly cheap for someone so rich. Charlotte FC a good example as well.

Back