• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 Carolina Panthers Thread - Move to the 2023 thread

Yep. I wonder if being back home in Charlotte after going to college in a relatively small town is any part of the problem.

He and Jordan Davis are two large individuals for Charlotte who went in the first round this year.

lol

What worries me about Ickey is the book on him during the draft process was his run blocking was better than his pass blocking. And that is the report from camp. You can’t just bring him in for running plays. Hopefully he can learn to be a better pass blocker, but you would like that skill to have been better developed before now.

Of course that section ends with:

“With right guard Austin Corbett unavailable (ingrown toenail), the Panthers shuffled their line Friday, when Christensen (at guard) lined up alongside Ekwonu on the left side. Rhule should use that lineup more often to expedite Ekwonu’s learning curve.”

Rhule not giving our supposed franchise LT time at LT doesn’t shock me, no matter if Ickey is struggling or not.

Something about Rhule, Darnold, and our franchise saving LT from NC State all being in the same locker room makes me nervous…

Edit: tweet deleted, said Panthers shopping Darnold but not finding takers due to the 5th year. The reporter said he deleted his tweet because his source corrected them that the Panthers are NOT shopping Darnold.

sounds like ickey is the full time LT starting today

Darnold getting reps instead of Corral at this point is such a waste of time. Cut him, take your losses and move on. No one is going to trade for him, so I don't get why he's on the roster at this point. It's just a fail safe for Rhule to try and keep his job if something happens to Baker. We don't need a mediocre season, so cut him and go big or go to the top of the draft. No other option should even be considered and Darnold doesn't fit into either one.

Darnold getting reps instead of Corral at this point is such a waste of time. Cut him, take your losses and move on. No one is going to trade for him, so I don't get why he's on the roster at this point. It's just a fail safe for Rhule to try and keep his job if something happens to Baker. We don't need a mediocre season, so cut him and go big or go to the top of the draft. No other option should even be considered and Darnold doesn't fit into either one.

I mean maybe we can get a 7th rounder and take 16 of the 18 million? Better than cutting him, but yes I see no reason to have him on the team at this point.

Last edited:
i don't know why fans care how much money the panthers would pay darnold for this year

it's not our money

i don't give a shit if we pay darnold $100mm this season but get some draft picks out of it

I don't know why he'd be worth any picks, he's shown what he is. He's a loser. Someone may take him, but only for a minimum deal in FA. Not even worth giving up a 7th.

Right. The most I could see getting is a conditional 7th and $2M or so if his salary from a team whose backup QB gets injured for the season during the preseason.

It would be a great story how they took a first round pick two years in a row and turned them into a Super Bowl Champion.

Back