• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 Carolina Panthers Thread - Move to the 2023 thread

And not even close how much better Howell looked than everyone else. I was shocked he didn’t get taken until 5th round and lot of scouts are going to look dumb passing on Sam so many times.

Including ours? I didn’t want a Tar Heel but don’t want to rue having missed him

howell was aight. definitely looked better than corral and pj. but it wasn't anything crazy, most of his production was on garbage scrambles vs guys who wont ever play in the nfl. it did remind me of him scrambling all over our garbage defense last year

Including ours? I didn’t want a Tar Heel but don’t want to rue having missed him

Easily. Corral was off on throws and while clearly quick his quickness is clearly not going to help him much in nfl as he was being chased down easily. Honestly pj Walker looked 10x the qb corral did and if not for politics of a draft pick Corral would be the guy looking to be cut.

Brian Burns is ranked #76 on NFL Networks' list of Top 100 players.

Easily. Corral was off on throws and while clearly quick his quickness is clearly not going to help him much in nfl as he was being chased down easily. Honestly pj Walker looked 10x the qb corral did and if not for politics of a draft pick Corral would be the guy looking to be cut.

I mean maybe. But I would like to see that if corral had the same team in front of him PJ did.

Rhule and Tepper are diminishing my enjoyment of this team. I watched the NFL Top 100 profile on Burns and that was the only joy I've felt for the franchise since they drafted Ickey which was the only joy I had felt since Cam came back which was the only joy I had felt since starting 2-0 before CMC's injury.

The offense just seems like a mess. There are unnecessary battles at the two most important positions. The great RB can't stay healthy. The WRs after DJ are a mess. The TE1 sucks and is on a new contract.

Rhule and Tepper are diminishing my enjoyment of this team. I watched the NFL Top 100 profile on Burns and that was the only joy I've felt for the franchise since they drafted Ickey which was the only joy I had felt since Cam came back which was the only joy I had felt since starting 2-0 before CMC's injury.

The offense just seems like a mess. There are unnecessary battles at the two most important positions. The great RB can't stay healthy. The WRs after DJ are a mess. The TE1 sucks and is on a new contract.

Agreed, with all of this except the WRs. I think we actually have a very deep group of WRs than can contribute. Higgins has been great and Smith has looked very serviceable as well coming back from injury. If Robbie can keep his head on straight and Marshall stays on the field this will be the best group we've had since Cam came into the league.

Marshall's development is the biggest part of the WR puzzle. We have to get production from him.

Rhule is a fuckstick. No way PJ makes this team. Give Corral the reps.

I actually think there is a decent chance PJ makes the team. He sucks, but Corral sucks a lot more and is no way ready for NFL action. He may get there someday, but today is not that day. Rhule knows he is on the hotseat and needs to backdoor his way into the playoffs. Baker is the starter and, since they are going to have to pay him anyway no matter what, Darnold is a top-5 backup QB. For the 3rd QB, I don't think Rhule wants anything to do with Corral this year. I think there is a good chance they'll make up a fake injury to stick him on IR for the season and keep PJ between the active roster and practice squad.

Agreed with SD3, I think this is the deepest WR group in recent memory and that is even with Marshall as a complete wildcard. Moore, Anderson, and Higgins are a really strong top-3, and I really like Shi Smith. Zylstra is what he is, which is serviceable as the #5 guy. That is without Marshall and without acknowledging that CMC is the top WR. Plus Andre Roberts who is a top-3 KR guy who can also slide in at WR.

Based on what I've heard from practice, Corral has been an absolute standout. I wouldn't hang too much on a preseason game that is the first time he has played in an NFL game.

I think Walker makes the squad when they cut Darnold.

FIFY. No team is trading for that contract.

And Salty, I agree about Corral. And to me, he was the best looking QB in college last year and worth a late 3rd flyer. I had read from a couple of draft sites that the offense he was in at Miss would not translate well to the NFL. Hopefully, he gets more p-t and plays better next week. And I am interested to see if Howell continues his strong play.

Howell and Pickett getting a lot of praise for their work against 4th stringers, so not sure that's justified, either.

Agreed, with all of this except the WRs. I think we actually have a very deep group of WRs than can contribute. Higgins has been great and Smith has looked very serviceable as well coming back from injury. If Robbie can keep his head on straight and Marshall stays on the field this will be the best group we've had since Cam came into the league.

I understand the optimism, but that's still a lot to settle out. Higgins is a solid WR the team shouldn't need to be great. Plus we tried pairing a QB and WR who used to have chemistry elsewhere and it didn't work. Smith needs to show what he can do in the regular season. Robbie needs to have a bounce back season. Marshall needs to make a leap.

The offense has way too many questions. Between QB, LT, RB, WR, and TE and the only player I'm sure will start 14+ games is DJ.

PJ Walker is very very safe on the practice squad and that should tell us all we need to know about him

Howell and Pickett getting a lot of praise for their work against 4th stringers, so not sure that's justified, either.

We were also playing base defense and showing nothing special against Howell. The same can not be said for the Washington defense against Corral. There’s next to nothing to be learned from that game.

PJ Walker is very very safe on the practice squad and that should tell us all we need to know about him

PJ will 100% get scooped if we try to get him on the practice squad.

When we picked up Cam last year, didn't we carry all 3 QBs for the remainder of the season so PJ didn't get scooped?

We can pick up a veteran off the street who will be as good as PJ. He is worthless.

Back