• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 Carolina Panthers Thread - Move to the 2023 thread

3 1s, a 3rd, a 4th, a 5th and they ripped up his old contract and gave him 5 years/$230 million fully guaranteed. now that’s getting on your knees. at least hes out of the division

Would love to see the breakdown of what happened since we first heard the Browns were out then the Panthers, and then Carolina balking at guaranteed money. Nothing from NO or Atl even though it was assumed it was down to them.

Browns have the best offensive line of all his trade options. So he has that going for him. Which is nice

Ok guys got the scoop. Will post more asap. But Panthers eliminated themselves. When Watson and agent decided to rework the contract and demand $45mm a year and originally guaranteed for 5 years Tepper bailed. Too much money on top of the 3 first round picks would just handicap them for years and they couldn’t build s team. Falcons were never really in it. Watson eliminated Browns early because he didn’t want to play for them. But when they decided to go back for more money the Browns were willing to do it. They believe they are just a QB away from Super Bowls.

I have much more info but no time now. Will post later.

Things came out good for the Panthers. That deal was way too much so the Panthers don't look good for missing out. Also the fact that the Browns were eliminated and got back in makes it look like they clearly outbid.

So is Mayfield coming to the Panthers? Jameis is the only other passable QB option and even then he's a short-term deal. Or are we looking at Armstead and drafting a QB?

25 former Temple players were on NFL rosters at some point in 2021. 9 have been on the Panthers roster.

Things came out good for the Panthers. That deal was way too much so the Panthers don't look good for missing out. Also the fact that the Browns were eliminated and got back in makes it look like they clearly outbid.

So is Mayfield coming to the Panthers? Jameis is the only other passable QB option and even then he's a short-term deal. Or are we looking at Armstead and drafting a QB?

They should tank. Play Darnold, suck, fire Rhule, draft a qb next year.

They plan on sticking with Darnold. They don’t want any of the current potentially available QBs. Again, that’s where it stands NOW. They are committed one more year to him and they think with a much improved offensive line he will be much better and they can get a QB next year. They are not going to draft one this year. They now know where they stand and can pursue O line in free agency or trade. Moore and CMC were offered up in the Watson deal but Houston didn’t want players they want picks. Panthers want to build a team.

Again sorry for not having the time to post all the info yet. Will come back asap. Ask any questions and I will drop back in and try to answer if I can. I got tons of info today but have to take the time to gather it all in my head before I can put it all into a post.

I believe your source is good but I’m just wondering why anybody within the organization ever shares the organization’s intentions. It can only mess with our leverage at the draft. Maybe we threaten to draft Willis at 6 but no one will believe us if they know we’re not interested in a QB.

Loose lips sink ships #old

Anyway, still good to have the info and carry on with passing it on. Just, um, nobody tell anybody.

So people can’t laugh at the scumbag for embarrassing himself?

While I hate that he wanted to sign Watson, I’m glad he didn’t embarrass himself by setting the franchise back for years.

I thought you had reported earlier but is OL still the draft target?

Guess it depends on getting Armstead. Get him and a trade down or BPA seems likely.

So Tepper is going for the Buckets plan - beef up the OL and suck with Darnold and Rhule for Stroud. Tepper is finally coming to his senses.

Ph, I'd say take an OT at 6 if you don't get Armstead. If you do get him, I'd use the pick instead of trading down. It's increasingly looking like there are a top 9-10 players and then a drop off. If you can get 1 of the elite edges, OTs or secondary guys, then go get you 1 of those guys. My favorite player in this draft is Sauce.

They plan on sticking with Darnold. They don’t want any of the current potentially available QBs. Again, that’s where it stands NOW. They are committed one more year to him and they think with a much improved offensive line he will be much better and they can get a QB next year. They are not going to draft one this year. They now know where they stand and can pursue O line in free agency or trade. Moore and CMC were offered up in the Watson deal but Houston didn’t want players they want picks. Panthers want to build a team.

Again sorry for not having the time to post all the info yet. Will come back asap. Ask any questions and I will drop back in and try to answer if I can. I got tons of info today but have to take the time to gather it all in my head before I can put it all into a post.

“You must spread some reputation around…”

Back