• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 Carolina Panthers Thread - Move to the 2023 thread

I think it's possible the Browns end up having to release Mayfield. I really do.

I doubt it because he'd end up in Pittsburgh. They'll trade him to the NFC for a 7th, and they'll have to eat most of this year's cap hit. Sooner or later, Schneider and Carroll will make that deal. They can't seriously go into the season with Lock as QB, and it increasingly looks like Willis will be gone at 9.

the steelers are going to draft willis in the first round. the only question is if they trade up for him

I mean let’s be honest, KP has small dick energy and almost certainly a small dick. We don’t need to draft Darnold Donk Face 2.0.

First, Howell is going to go in the 2nd round and possibly the 1st. Second, Howell can run and is a mobile QB. That's a much different skill set than Mayfield.

WTF are you talking about? Mayfield averaged over 100 rushing attempts per year in college, with the same career YPC as Howell and more career rushing TDs. He ran all over the place in college, the same as Howell. Because he can't/doesn't do it in the NFL doesn't mean coming out of college they aren't extremely similar. Howell isn't going to be able to run like Josh Allen in the NFL either.

I would bet the house that Willis has a better career than Pickett. Pickett is a prototype of the QB that always busts, but for some ungodly reason NFL scouts haven’t figured that out yet.

WTF are you talking about? Mayfield averaged over 100 rushing attempts per year in college, with the same career YPC as Howell and more career rushing TDs. He ran all over the place in college, the same as Howell. Because he can't/doesn't do it in the NFL doesn't mean coming out of college they aren't extremely similar. Howell isn't going to be able to run like Josh Allen in the NFL either.

yeah but i think mayfield was scrambling around shifty whereas howell is a legit running weapon in the open field (just ask wake's defense)

Good for Deion advocating for his players.

Howell is a good runner. He's a pretty shitty passer, compared to the hype. He looked great when he had 2 NFL RBs, both who can catch, and 2 NFL WR's to throw to. Last year his progressions and ability to read the defense (sans the Wake game, of course), was ungood.

yeah but i think mayfield was scrambling around shifty whereas howell is a legit running weapon in the open field (just ask wake's defense)

I think your opinion may be skewed because of how he shredded Wake's defense. Howell's career YPC is still only 2.7, the same as Mayfield's. I agree Howell seems like he was always breaking long runs, but he also has to get a lot of negative runs and sacks to pull the average down to 2.7.

Howell is a good runner. He's a pretty shitty passer, compared to the hype. He looked great when he had 2 NFL RBs, both who can catch, and 2 NFL WR's to throw to. Last year his progressions and ability to read the defense (sans the Wake game, of course), was ungood.

Won't he be throwing to NFL RBs and WRs in the NFL ?

I think your opinion may be skewed because of how he shredded Wake's defense. Howell's career YPC is still only 2.7, the same as Mayfield's. I agree Howell seems like he was always breaking long runs, but he also has to get a lot of negative runs and sacks to pull the average down to 2.7.

You did notice how often he got sacked last year, right? That comes off a QB's rushing stats in college.

I would imagine 24 schools is a lot for a solo HBCU pro day. I think A&T and WSSU used to join Wake's pro day. Not sure if that's still the case.

You did notice how often he got sacked last year, right? That comes off a QB's rushing stats in college.

Yes I noticed, that is why I specifically mentioned it. He got sacked a lot, which most "elusive" college QBs can avoid. That goes to my point that he is pretty much the same player as Baker Mayfield. The thought that he is somehow a much better runner/athlete than Mayfield is simply because the recent impressions on athleticism are from Mayfield playing against NFL defenses and Howell playing against college defenses. If you compare them apples to apples in college, they are pretty identical.

Pickett is Drew Lock and Blake Bortles. Not worth a first round pick.

Unless something really really drastic has changed since the Willis workout the Panthers are planning on going all in on offensive line, which they've already started doing.

Back