• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 Carolina Panthers Thread - Move to the 2023 thread

You explained it. Mediocre to below average > worst starter in the league over the last four seasons.

Rhule is trying to save his job. Tepper is trying to finally get some momentum in his fourth season. Fit actually made some good moves to assemble a good OL. They figure it’s worth maybe a 4th to make that more likely to happen. If it works, Mayfield is the QB of the future. If not, maybe it’s Corral or whoever the new coach wants.

I wouldn't say he's the QB of the future quite yet, even if he plays reasonably well. Remember that the reason he's out of Cleveland and Watson is in on an irrational deal because Cleveland was desperate, and Mayfield and they were miles apart in a contract extension. I'd rank him in the 20-25 range of starting NFL QBs. If he's willing to take in the low to mid $20s per year, then sure. But I'd bet he's going to want a whole lot more than that, like at least mid $30s per year. And ain't no way I'd pay him mid $30s when guys like Carr and Stafford are making only a few mil more.

Sounds like Marshall Jr. has been looking very good in camp, which is encouraging. Baker is probably also not dumb enough to try to force-feed the ball to the IQ-of-17 human that is Robby Anderson.

Sounds like Marshall Jr. has been looking very good in camp, which is encouraging. Baker is probably also not dumb enough to try to force-feed the ball to the IQ-of-17 human that is Robby Anderson.

Anderson is still productive. But I really liked Marshall coming out of LSU, so yeah, give him a better QB with better protection, and I hope he has a productive season (like maybe the 6-900 yard range).

Wasn't it Mayfield who Andersen came out loudly in opposition of signing earlier?

Wasn't it Mayfield who Andersen came out loudly in opposition of signing earlier?

Yeah. I hope Andersen is on the trading block especially if Marshall is legit. Maybe pay part of his salary and get low 3rd or 4th for him.

yes, Anderson did post on Instagram about the Baker rumor. I am sure it will be fine.

It was a ham-fisted way to stick up for his boy, Darnold. Of course, a better way to stick up for Darnold would have been to catch his passes last season.

It was a ham-fisted way to stick up for his boy, Darnold. Of course, a better way to stick up for Darnold would have been to catch his passes last season.

Love that term 'ham-fisted". I have got to work it in more in conversation. I never say it. I'm sure its used often about me, but not ever by me. I need to get on that.

A reason to at least pay attention to the Panthers this season.

Which could be a bad thing long term given how good next year's QB class should be. We will see

Freezing Cold Takes is a great follow.

677f37b5d475af53d2cc67161f5959f2.jpg

Find that 2018 form Baker, that would make me hella happy

It would be classic Panthers to wear them week 1 when it will prob be a 100 degree heat index.

It would be classic Panthers to wear them week 1 when it will prob be a 100 degree heat index.

Email already said they would debut on November 10th, TNF vs. the Falcons (the Panthers are usually pretty good about wearing white at home the first few home games of the season, when it is still hot).

Email already said they would debut on November 10th, TNF vs. the Falcons (the Panthers are usually pretty good about wearing white at home the first few home games of the season, when it is still hot).

happy birthday to me !

Back