• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 Carolina Panthers Thread - Move to the 2023 thread

they treated the scrimmages against the pats as the important reps, not the game. CMC played a lot in those, will not play tonight

the team fucking traded up to get Corral. Fucking play him. We know what Walker can do. Part of me suspects they're holding onto Darnold to see if they can get some kind of panic trade from someone.

The ole, “maybe someone will make the same mistake we did” game.

ickey's pass protection may need work but he is already a road grader run blocker

I really hope the Patriots offense is this bad in the regular season, as a nation we deserve something that will bring such collective joy

Ickey on that NC State shit that series.

Down 13-10 with about 1:40 left ball at the CAR 10, Rhule put PJ Walker in presumably to lead a game-winning drive. He got sacked, then strip sacked in the endzone for a Pats TD. Corral better have been injured to pull some stupid shit like that.

PJ Walker is 2-0 as an NFL starter. Anything is truly possible

Corral was injured

Of course he was. As I said last week, they are setting this up so that Corral is "injured" and Walker is going to be QB3 for this season. Rhule is on the hot seat, they brought in Baker Mayfield in a contract year, and they are trying to keep CMC healthy. Nobody is spending time fucking around with Matt Corral this year.

I really hope the Patriots offense is this bad in the regular season, as a nation we deserve something that will bring such collective joy

I like Mac Jones, but their weapons are underwhelming. I mean Stephenson is probably their best back, and Parker is their best WR I guess. I think they finish 3rd just behind Miami.

As for the Panthers, okay, I get FYC's point that the staff was putting more emphasis on the joint practices than the game. That's frequently the case in the preseason. But I still don't get giving Walker more time in the preseason than Corral unless they're just scared to get Corral killed behind back-up linemen. Corral looked a bit better than last week, though both QBs were getting hit a lot. I hope your starting OTs stay healthy. I mean, Ickey is struggling in pass pro, but the Pats' 2nd and 3rd edge rushers were killing your back-up OTs. The other thing is I watched some of the Rams game, and they had more designed runs for Wolford and Perkins. If you're going to draft a running QB like Corral, why not do more of that instead of running the same Mayfield/Darnold playbook.

Last edited:
Of course he was. As I said last week, they are setting this up so that Corral is "injured" and Walker is going to be QB3 for this season. Rhule is on the hot seat, they brought in Baker Mayfield in a contract year, and they are trying to keep CMC healthy. Nobody is spending time fucking around with Matt Corral this year.

The staff has slightly bigger fish to fry than whoever the hell the QB3 is. Deciding on that should require less "thought" than went into this post. Go with the dude with upside you invested in

The staff has slightly bigger fish to fry than whoever the hell the QB3 is. Deciding on that should require less "thought" than went into this post. Go with the dude with upside you invested in

Unless PJ threw for 300+ yards and 5 tds he has no chance. Rhule is just giving his former Temple qb the best audition chance he can to land somewhere else in nfl. No way a middling qb has a chance vs a 3rd round pick. Ironically Darnold should be odd man out but we know that isn’t going to happen.

i dont see a reason to cut darnold for nothing. there wouldn't be any cap savings or anything. he is not a starting caliber nfl QB but he would be a highend backup. matt corral is going to be the other QB on the roster and he is highly developmental, he should take zero meaningful snaps this year

nobody is going to offer anything for darnold either. baker is better than him and we got him for peanuts. jimmy g is also still out there to be had if someone decides they have to make a move for a QB

Agreed, plus the idea of “disgruntled backup” doesn’t seem to apply to Darnold. Not really his personality, plus he has to know he’s gotten ample opportunity to prove himself, and could easily be called upon to perform again.

Fair arguments but never underestimate Rhule’s love for PJ Walker.

I remember spurrier with Washington had a similar obsession with former gators and that didn’t work out

Back