• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 Carolina Panthers Thread - Move to the 2023 thread

Never mind the QB position, find out how much longer we’re going to have this coach. (I realize the two are unfortunately inextricably linked.)

I don't even know who the head coach is for the Saints or the Falcons.

so watson still has a suspension to serve? so even if we traded for him, he'd sit out half of next season

he told the Browns no but has not told the Panthers no yet. it's like the Bachelor !

Tepper is underground today and the last couple of days. Very little contact with anyone. That usually means he's all in working on something as hard as he can go. As of last night the Panthers still felt in as a potential choice in the Watson deal. I guess it is out now, but the Browns are out. One of Watson's biggest influencers is Algie Crumpler - he is like a big brother to Watson and he told Watson to nix the Browns as they are just a bad organization. That is not to say that Watson wouldn't have nixed the Browns anyway and he probably would have . Crumpler is a former Falcon but I am not sure what advice he gave Watson as far as the Falcons. I did get the feeling that the Panthers brass were not very confident they will get Watson. I think Rhule's situation hurts. But Tepper absolutely wants him and he's a very good salesman. Not exactly news.

Also, the subject of CMC came up. The Panthers top - and you can imagine here who I am referring to - thinks McCaffrey is a pretty boy and won't play if he has a broken fingernail. They are pretty unhappy with CMC and think he's soft and they have pretty much had it with him and want to trade him if they can. I think they want a 1st and a 3rd for him if it is an outright trade. Tepper is a Pittsburgh guy and is complaining that he's watched Steelers all his life including and maybe especially Big Ben play through far worse injuries than CMC. And come back to play asap. CMC just won't play if he's banged up at all which all of this sort of surprised me. I guess I have always thought CMC was the type of player/guy that was tough as nails. Not true. They would like to move CMC to get those picks. The Panthers also would like to move DJ Moore because they are going to have to pay him more than they think he is worth with the upcoming contract. They really like Terrace Marshall and it sounds like they like several of the receivers in the draft this year and would like to spend a pick on one of those if they can move CMC and Moore.

Unless something drastioc changes in terms of a good deal to make, Chinn, Burns, Horn, and Brown are untouchable. They think the have a great foundation for a very good defense for a long time with that group.

If no Watson then they do want an OL with that 1st pick if they end up keeping the 6th pick. They think one of the top OL - the State guy or the ALabama guy - could fall to them based on what they have heard. This is really just me sort of using what I was told and me also ad-libbing but it wouldnt surprise me to see the Panthers trade down and get the Penning kid (or another OL) later in the first and draft Ridder out of Cincinnati in the 2nd round or wherever they can get him. Rhule is super high on Ridder and Fitterer works for Rhule so I could definitely see that happening.

I did not leave with the feeling that the Panthers think they are likely getting Watson, but that it is still possible. Tepper is handling basically all of it in terms of being the lead salesman.

There was other info I just can't remember right now but will come back with it.

Last edited:
Pos rep.

DJ Moore has been the only consistent pass receiving threat over the past few seasons. I'm not sure he's the one I'd get cheap with. Who else on the roster at TE or WR do you really like next year as a reliable receiver?

That being said, if he's going to ask for the moon and you can save money to spend on the OL and QB, it may make sense to move him now for some value. Assuming you get proper value.

Good to hear they're going OT at 6. I was scared Tepper would panic and insist on a QB. But I doubt you get a 1 and a 3 for CMC - more like a 2 and a 4. I haven't been impressed with Tepper but am glad it's sounding like he's trending in a better direction - going OT at #6, trading CMC, making moves for the long haul and getting rid of Rhule after sucking this year.

Seriously, WTF. Howell I could somewhat understand and get behind, but Ridder? GTFO.

keeping and overpaying robby anderson but trading dj moore is dumb as hell

Again guys, the Ridder thing was more just me yapping so don't pay much attention to it. But I know Rhule really likes Ridder. And if you read about his combine he was apparently pretty impressive. And I just saw a few minutes ago a mock draft (now I cant find it) and it had the Panthers doing just that: trading down and getting a 2nd round pick and using it on Ridder.

keeping and overpaying robby anderson but trading dj moore is dumb as hell

The Panthers need draft picks. And again the Panthers see Moore at sort of his ceiling and believe they're going to have to overpay as that seems to be the trend with receivers.

We are kind of a joke. We can't even overpay for a guy with a maligned image, a guy who more than half of the fanbase doesn't even want us to trade for in the first place.

Personally I'm glad this particular move isn't going to work out for us, and will relish ATL or NO overpaying for a guy who will at best play half of the year next year. But I'm losing confidence in Tepper et al. to rebuild the right way either.

The Panthers need draft picks. And again the Panthers see Moore at sort of his ceiling and believe they're going to have to overpay as that seems to be the trend with receivers.

at his ceiling with godawful QB play maybe

we could overpay him if we didn't already have one overpaid WR....

Back