• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 Carolina Panthers Thread - Move to the 2023 thread

He is probably going to the Falcons, which is not the worst thing for the Panthers. With Ryan's cap hit combined with Watson's contract, their roster will be absolutely horrendous for years. He'll be a "top-5 QB" throwing for 5,000 yards to Kyle Pitts while going 5-12.

Cam Newton won the MVP throwing to Olsen, Philly Brown, and Ted Ginn Jr.

3,837 yards and 35 touchdowns.

Watson did all his meetings in Houston except the Falcons he went to Atl

He's going to ATL, buckle up for Brady and Watson 2X a year. We suck.

And if we had a decent offensive line these quarterbacks would be giving the Panthers a serious look.

just saw that the Saints restructured a bunch of deals and have $30m in cap space, so I guess cap hell is not really a thing that exists

just saw that the Saints restructured a bunch of deals and have $30m in cap space, so I guess cap hell is not really a thing that exists

Yeah no idea why folks make a big deal over cap space, it's literally monopoly money.

Saints/Falcons
Browns
Panthers

We were/are literally last choice for Watson

And he told us that a year ago.

Panther fans:
938f5621c7a9fe06b01e60d7a57b8917--famous-men-dumb-and-dumber.jpg

With the direction the Panthers are headed (where we are now) and the current state of the Charlotte FC roster (0 wins, 0 draws, 3 losses, 6 goals conceded, 1 goal scored) I think it's fair to start asking:

Is David Tepper a bottom 5 owner in sports? I don't think he can be last; he hasn't moved a team or covered up a scandal, but in terms of average team performance he has to be bottom 5.

Saints had another meeting with him last night, then announced the cap restructuring this morning

With the direction the Panthers are headed (where we are now) and the current state of the Charlotte FC roster (0 wins, 0 draws, 3 losses, 6 goals conceded, 1 goal scored) I think it's fair to start asking:

Is David Tepper a bottom 5 owner in sports? I don't think he can be last; he hasn't moved a team or covered up a scandal, but in terms of average team performance he has to be bottom 5.

I mean I know nothing about MLS but expecting a winner immediately for an expansion team seems aggressive, but as far as the Panthers throwing a ton of money on an unproven and NFL inexperienced coach and handcuffing yourself to him was not a good decision and he should hold himself accountable for that

He's not as bad as Ross or Snyder, but yeah, bottom 5 or close. He's made terrible decisions at HC and QB and was arrogant in thinking he had the formula to turn things around right away when in actuality he's made a bad situation worse.

And it sounds like this Watson decision is between Atl and NO. I get he used to be a ball boy there, but why would he want to be on a roster that's about as bad as the 1 he was on in Hou. I don't get it. You go to NO if you want to win soon. Hell, if he goes there, I'd make them favorites over TB, LAR and GB. Their D appears to have Brady's number.

I'm about to have lunch with my guy so I will likely have info to report back assuming the usual time is spent discussing the Panthers.

So tell me - do you guys want Watson or not? I need to tell him what they need to do. I'm on the fence so I don't want to be the one to make the call.

They need to draft offensive linemen and linebackers.

I'm about to have lunch with my guy so I will likely have info to report back assuming the usual time is spent discussing the Panthers.

So tell me - do you guys want Watson or not? I need to tell him what they need to do. I'm on the fence so I don't want to be the one to make the call.

I'd say yes, you want Watson. But I'd be surprised if you get him over Atl or NO.

No

Back