• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 Carolina Panthers Thread - Move to the 2023 thread

We are fucked. Pickett's hands are reportedly up to 8 5/8 inches after previously measuring 8 1/4 inches at the combine.

well that's what I saw on Twitter, but now I see that his event starts at 12:30 so I guess more could arrive. Liberty is right next to the airport in Lynchburg.

I had driven by that campus many times but hadn't been on campus until recently when my niece's lacrosse team played there. Both teams had to do a joint prayer before the game, and the loudspeakers played christian rock and evangelical hip hop the whole game. I had never received the memo that there was such a thing as evangelical hip hop. The campus was underwhelming from an architectural perspective, but their athletic facilities are 1st rate.

well that's what I saw on Twitter, but now I see that his event starts at 12:30 so I guess more could arrive. Liberty is right next to the airport in Lynchburg.

I think there were also more than two teams present for Pickett’s pro day.

I've never measured my hand but my penis is 4.5656", can someone plug that into the formula and let me know my hand size please?

There are a lot of ifs, but tanking enough for Stroud or Young is going to be tough. I could see why the Panthers would be compelled to take a QB this year, but man I hope they don't. If we had to, I'd be far more interested in Howell later than Pickett at 6 if we could get back into the 2nd or 3rd round.

If Cross is available at 6, take him. If not, trade down and get a 2nd round pick and use it on Howell. That is my position.

I think there were also more than two teams present for Pickett’s pro day.

Yeah, Great Blue North said there were other teams there but only specifically mentioned Pit, Car and Atl. Fontenot, their GM, was there.

Most teams were probably there, but the coaches being there is a big deal.

I agree that tanking for Stroud or Young isn't going to be easy. The NFC is going to be so bad that it will be hard not to win a fair number of games. The AFC is going to be so tough that the Jets and Jaguars will certainly have top 3 picks and if they want to keep their current QBs, it's going to cost a lot to trade up.

So the question is if the Panthers like these QBs enough to draft them at #6.

re-sign cam and have him mentor malik for a season?

They likely will take OL at #6. Maybe they trade back some and get a QB. But my concern is that Thibodeaux will drop and be there at 6 and he will be too good to pass up. I think there's a decent chance he's the guy this year that drops hard. We need OL far more than we need a DE. I think he's a boom or bust guy. He's gonna be great or a flop.

They likely will take OL at #6. Maybe they trade back some and get a QB. But my concern is that Thibodeaux will drop and be there at 6 and he will be too good to pass up. I think there's a decent chance he's the guy this year that drops hard. We need OL far more than we need a DE. I think he's a boom or bust guy. He's gonna be great or a flop.

if he slips to 6 then maybe we get a trade offer we can't refuse

but he's a monster - i wouldn't be mad if we drafted him at 6

if we sign a vet LT like terron or duane brown, then I think we can take best player or offer available at that spot

i really like penning as a mid-1st round LT

I think Thibodeaux's ceiling is no better than good-Clowney and his floor is worse than bad-Clowney.

I'm also not sold on Bryce Young due to his size.

if he slips to 6 then maybe we get a trade offer we can't refuse

but he's a monster - i wouldn't be mad if we drafted him at 6

if we sign a vet LT like terron or duane brown, then I think we can take best player or offer available at that spot

i really like penning as a mid-1st round LT

That's the current word on Thibodeaux - that he's boom or bust and could slide a bit in the draft. I was watching a PFF pod, and they were saying some teams were a bit put off by him in his interviews, but they still like him and think he'll at least be a very good player. To me, the edge who is more boom or bust is UGa's Travon Walker, and he's entered a lot of top 10s. The PFF guys were saying he's more like Ojabo in that he's further from being a finished product but his strength and athleticism are really impressive.

Ph, in terms of sucking for Stroud, you should have more faith in the combination of Rhule and Darnold. They can get the job done. Your primary competition for a top 2 pick appears to be Atl, Hou, Det and Sea. I think Sea eventually gets Baker for close to nothing, and he'll be good enough, if healthy, to keep them out of that discussion. And Hou might not win an AFC game but does play the NFCE. Atl is almost guaranteed a top 2 pick given the current roster and cap problems. And I think Det will be too competitive to finish bottom 2 if they can just get a tad luckier this year.

bill barnwell wrote an article saying we should offer our 2023 2nd to the packers for jordan love. no thank you.

if i had to be stuck with a QB from this draft it would be malik willis, but 6 is too high and it seems like he's the fast riser of the group so will not last long after that

i dont what bryce young either. is stroud a better prospect than fields, who we passed on a year ago and had a shaky rookie season?

2022 Carolina Panthers Thread - Free Agents: P Hekker, C Bozeman, DT Ioannidis

Damn. That would have been huge for us.

bill barnwell wrote an article saying we should offer our 2023 2nd to the packers for jordan love. no thank you.

if i had to be stuck with a QB from this draft it would be malik willis, but 6 is too high and it seems like he's the fast riser of the group so will not last long after that

i dont what bryce young either. is stroud a better prospect than fields, who we passed on a year ago and had a shaky rookie season?

stroud is a lot better imo

higher completion %, more yards, more TDs and less INTs than fields and stroud was a freshman

Back