• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 Carolina Panthers Thread - Move to the 2023 thread

we need to stop trading for shitty also-rans. just suck it up and draft a QB (not this year, though).

I agree on not trying to get a Jimmy G or Cousins. But I would be interested in a Trubisky or Mariota on the cheap this offseason on say a 2 year deal and then drafting a QB next year if either doesn't fully rehabilitate their play. Darnold is dreadful.

I agree on not trying to get a Jimmy G or Cousins. But I would be interested in a Trubisky or Mariota on the cheap this offseason on say a 2 year deal and then drafting a QB next year if either doesn't fully rehabilitate their play. Darnold is dreadful.

That’s the right move.

I read an article yesterday with high praise for Trubisky. Apparently he has looked very good at Buffalo and coaches and teammates think he is a good NFL starting QB. The thought process is that the Chicago offense was too rigid and not a fit for his skills and that he can really blossom as a passer and athletic QB in an offense that allows him to play to his strengths.

I read an article yesterday with high praise for Trubisky. Apparently he has looked very good at Buffalo and coaches and teammates think he is a good NFL starting QB. The thought process is that the Chicago offense was too rigid and not a fit for his skills and that he can really blossom as a passer and athletic QB in an offense that allows him to play to his strengths.

I saw him in a couple of their preseason games, and he looked infinitely better than he did in Chicago. I think he's going to get a better opportunity than Carolina, like maybe Pit or NO.

The more I think about it, I think Buckets has the correct approach for this year. The combination of Rhule and Darnold should net you Stroud or Young, no matter how hard the team plays. Take Cross at 6 and get a 3rd or 4th round comp for Gilmore to use next year. Hire Leftwich next offseason.

I would rather going into next season with Sam bitch face Darnold and tank for the number one pick. We should also trade CMC.

Trubisky would have been a better and cheaper reclamation project than Darnold.

And yeah, I agree that he'll sign with a team where he'll be the starter at least until the draft.

i have heard from a reliable source that Darnold is a good dude, but really, really dumb

i have heard from a reliable source that Darnold is a good dude, but really, really dumb

He doesn't come across as the smartest guy in the room in interviews. Add to that he has obvious difficulty reading defenses, and yeah, I'd guess he doesn't have the best cognitive abilities.

Did you see that story saying the Bills should trade for CMC?

https://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bi...de-with-panthers-for-christian-mccaffrey.html

On a recent episode of “The Spotrac Podcast,” salary cap expert Mike Ginnitti offered 10 bold predictions for the offseason. One of them was a blockbuster trade between the Bills and Carolina Panthers, which he described as a “bombshell.”
The Bills get McCaffrey and send slot receiver Cole Beasley, a third-round pick and a fifth-round pick back to Carolina in this hypothetical trade.

Bringing in yet another retread like Cousins might officially do me in. I say that as a lifelong fan. It's time to take our medicine and fully commit to rebuilding through the draft. These projects like Darnold, Bridgewater, Trubisky, etc. are not the answer. Go OL heavy in the draft this year, tank, draft a QB next year, contend in 2025.

With our coach's seat quite warm, I don't want any moves or contracts that will handcuff a new coach. I want new coach and his QB whether via draft, trade, or FA. So I want either a show-me deal for QB or a contract we can escape painlessly.

I still think they will trade back and get another pick - maybe 2nd or 3rd round - and draft Pickett later in the 1st round. Then grab a good OL in the 2nd or 3rd round.

I saw a mock with that OT from UNI at #6. He’s the guy I thought we could drop down and get at #15 or so.

We say this every year and every year we never trade back. Not falling for it again

I just want to get a good LT then pick up Tom or another flex OL late. If Brady Christiansen ends up being the great LT some people think he can be, then we can trade him for a nice package.

Back