• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 Carolina Panthers Thread - Move to the 2023 thread

No draft picks. Pass, and my opinion has nothing to do with the allegations against him.

Why pass on a top 5 QB? That said, if he's willing to go to Philly, and they want him, then that's where he's headed because they have more draft capital than anyone else and a decent young QB to throw in the package. As a practical matter, Carolina should probably just take Cross at 6 and suck for Stroud/Young.

The Lions had a great QB for years and never sniffed the playoffs because they had nothing around Stafford.

The Lions had a great QB for years and never sniffed the playoffs because they had nothing around Stafford.

Yup, that's why I said in the end take Cross, suck, fire Rhule, draft Stroud/Young. But if you can get a top 5 QB for a reasonable price, you should always be interested.

If the Panthers get Watson, then I’m done with the Panthers.

Read that SI article and tell me you’re okay with that asshole.

The Pats won a game last season against a playoff team wherein they only threw three passes. I think Bridgewater could manage that.

2022 Carolina Panthers Thread - Deshaun Watson sweepstakes?

If the Panthers get Watson, then I’m done with the Panthers.

Read that SI article and tell me you’re okay with that asshole.

Same here. And I think that's a common opinion. Joseph Person did a Twitter poll asking if Panthers fans wanted a trade for Watson and 55% said no. Out of 7,000 votes. Granted a lot of those are probably also voting no because it doesn't even make from a football perspective. It's a move that will alienate a lot of folks. Hope Tepper realizes that.

It will have been a nice 27 year run of fandom, but I'll be out too.

Last edited:
Nah we won’t end up trading for him but then we will draft Pickett or a DB or something stupid at #6

I wonder if we’ll be as aggressive with him as he apparently is.

Eh. He is clearly behind Mahomes, Allen, Burrow, Herbert, Rodgers, and Lamar. So he is somewhere in the 7-13 range with Wilson, Stafford, etc. Is that worth mortgaging the entire future for?

AFC, AFC, AFC, AFC, NFC, and AFC

Yeah, give me the best QB in the conference for the next 10 years please…

And no one is taking Rodgers over Watson in anything longer than a 2 year build

AFC, AFC, AFC, AFC, NFC, and AFC

Yeah, give me the best QB in the conference for the next 10 years please…

Also the Rams mortgaged the future for a player in the range and won the Super Bowl.

Also the Rams mortgaged the future for a player in the range and won the Super Bowl.

The Rams did that because they basically had a 1-2 year window with an exceptional defense and skill positions already in place with a savant of a head coach who had already taken the same core to a Super Bowl a few years prior. Their only missing piece was a QB, and their gamble paid off. Are you seriously comparing the Panthers' situation to the Rams? The Panthers are an entire team plus a coach away from contention, not just one player.

I'll also add that in 2020, when Watson no longer had the best WR in the game with him and his surrounding cast was similar to what he would have with the Panthers, he went a Sam Darnold-esque 4-12. He is a solid QB who can compete at a high level when surrounded with good talent, as he has had for most of his college and NFL career. But if you have to trade the entire franchise away to get him, that is not going to happen.

Yeah, agree that Watson is ahead of Lamar and Herbert, especially the former. Wilson has dropped out of the top 5 for me after the last 2 seasons. Right now I'd say it's Mahomes, Rodgers, Allen, Watson and Burrow.

CDeac, that is my fear. No matter what Carolina offers, they don't have the draft capital that some of these other teams have, so I just don't think y'all end up with Watson unless teams like Philly, Tampa, Nawleans and Seattle just aren't interested. That or he doesn't want to go to those cities. He has that no trade clause, and other than he's from the area, why would he want to join this dumpster fire at this time. If I'm him, Tampa makes the most sense if they can swing it in terms of cap space. But yeah, I'm afraid Tepper will step in and do something stupid at 6, like taking any of these QBs. I don't see Pickett ever being an above average QB in the league. To me, the most intriguing guy is Willis, but he's wild and will probably need to sit for a year, like Lance. So take Cross and go QB next year.

Yeah, agree that Watson is ahead of Lamar and Herbert, especially the former. Wilson has dropped out of the top 5 for me after the last 2 seasons. Right now I'd say it's Mahomes, Rodgers, Allen, Watson and Burrow.

CDeac, that is my fear. No matter what Carolina offers, they don't have the draft capital that some of these other teams have, so I just don't think y'all end up with Watson unless teams like Philly, Tampa, Nawleans and Seattle just aren't interested. That or he doesn't want to go to those cities. He has that no trade clause, and other than he's from the area, why would he want to join this dumpster fire at this time. If I'm him, Tampa makes the most sense if they can swing it in terms of cap space. But yeah, I'm afraid Tepper will step in and do something stupid at 6, like taking any of these QBs. I don't see Pickett ever being an above average QB in the league. To me, the most intriguing guy is Willis, but he's wild and will probably need to sit for a year, like Lance. So take Cross and go QB next year.

So Watson moved up in your rankings simply by default by sitting out for a year? Makes sense, he must be the Robert Swift of NFL QBs - improve by not playing. And there is not a GM in the league who would take Watson over Herbert at this point in time.

I would trade our 4th rd pick for the tackle Collins from Dallas, use most of free agent money on Schreff from Washington, and take best player with our 1st round pick.

Back