• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 Carolina Panthers Thread - Move to the 2023 thread

I am down on Russell Wilson, bigtime. He’s a game manager with declining arm strength and decreasing escapability.

Panthers letting Reddick, Jackson, and Gilmore walk. Thought we try to keep one of them.

Signed S Xavier Woods to a 3 year, $15.75 deal.

And OG Corbett from the Rams

I really hope we don't get Watson

Agreed. I don't recall ever rooting against one of my teams to pull off a rumored move like I have with the Panthers and Watson. I'd love to see the Saints overpay for him. I'm not convinced the guy even plays next year.

is watson even that good? i'd rather have russell wilson

1. I would not rather have Russell Wilson.
2. I would rather not have Russell Wilson (not the same thing).
3. I don't think the Broncos are making Russell Wilson available.

Far be it for me to agree with Biff, but Watson is younger and better than Wilson. I no longer view Wilson as a top 5 QB, though I acknowledge my view is tainted by his subpar play the last 1.5 seasons, so maybe he can get back there. But right now, my list of elite QBs in order is Rodgers, Mahomes, Allen, Watson and Burrow. Those last 2 Texan playoff teams were him, Watt and not much else.

That said, why would he okay the trade to the current Panther dumpster fire? If I'm him, I want to go to the Saints. They'd instantly be a SB contender. They have a great D and just need to add a WR or 2 in this year's draft.

Schefter tweeted that the Falcons are also in on Watson. So someone in the NFC South gonna get him I guess. Saw some Twitter chatter that the Panthers seem convinced they can pull off without giving up any players, which, come on. No chance.

Or the Falcons are trying to drive up the price for their nfc south brethren.

supposedly Watson grew up next door to Falcons practice center and was a ball boy for them back in the day

2022 Carolina Panthers Thread - S Woods (3/15.75); G Corbett

Kind of embarrassing to go all in on a sexual predator and lose him to a rival who will beat you for the next 10 years.

Oh yeah, while paying Sam Darnold because your “football guys” are the only ones who didn’t realize he sucks.

Oh yeah, and while the Steelers picked up Trubisky for cheap.

Kind of embarrassing to go all in on a sexual predator and lose him to a rival who will beat you for the next 10 years.

Oh yeah, while paying Sam Darnold because your “football guys” are the only ones who didn’t realize he sucks.

I think that was a good move by Pitt. Trubisky looked good last preseason and in the little p-t he had during the season. I don't think there is that great a disparity between Trubisky and Jimmy G, Trubisky is cheaper and didn't cost them draft picks. Now watch Pitt get Howell in the 2nd round. They really need to move on from Rudolph.

But don't just blame your football people, blame Tepper too. He's the smartest guy in the room who hired the equivalent of Lou Holtz, Spurrier and Meyer. That never works. And he didn't want to look at rookie QBs with a top 10 pick last year in what was a good QB draft. Trading a 2 for Darnold was bad enough. Picking up his 5th year option was monumentally and insanely stupid. I get that Richardson had to go, but from the outside looking in, he was a far superior owner in terms of the product on the field.

Bro Trubisky sucks. I would much rather roll out Darnold this year and draft a rookie than kick the can down the road with Trubisky.

Damn PHD, I can only handle so much sorrow on a tuesday morning nursing a hangover.

Bro Trubisky sucks. I would much rather roll out Darnold this year and draft a rookie than kick the can down the road with Trubisky.

Nagy and Pace sucked a whole lot more than Trubisky does. I see him having a little resurgence under good coaching, and they won't ask him to do too much. Whereas Darnold is beyond salvage.

Back