• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 Carolina Panthers Thread - Move to the 2023 thread

Luke is only 31. He’s got plenty of time to start a coaching career.

I think Luke will end up coaching, but I agree he's got plenty of time. No need to rush it, especially when he's financially set for good. Ease into it and see if you really enjoy working around football and get that itch to really go back all in.

NFL formally asked for a min 1 year suspension for watson, according to the Wall Street Journal

The fact that they keep leaking over and over again that they as asking for a year makes it seem pretty likely to me they are expecting the final suspension to be much shorter than that, and just want it out there there that they asked for a year for PR reasons.

The fact that they keep leaking over and over again that they as asking for a year makes it seem pretty likely to me they are expecting the final suspension to be much shorter than that, and just want it out there there that they asked for a year for PR reasons.

Agree that it will likely be reduced, though I doubt it'll be reduced all the way to 6. It's kinda odd, but from what I heard, Cleveland is better off if he's suspended the entire year than if it's 10-12 games because then his contract is just continued to the following year. Their worst case scenario is 12 games, which likely assures them not making the playoffs while Watson is under contract.

The other problem the NFL has is Donald Snyder, who has engaged in behavior at least as egregious, yet nothing happens to him other than he's not showing up at the office directly for a period of time. It's a really bad look for the team.

Agree that it will likely be reduced, though I doubt it'll be reduced all the way to 6. It's kinda odd, but from what I heard, Cleveland is better off if he's suspended the entire year than if it's 10-12 games because then his contract is just continued to the following year. Their worst case scenario is 12 games, which likely assures them not making the playoffs while Watson is under contract.

The other problem the NFL has is Donald Snyder, who has engaged in behavior at least as egregious, yet nothing happens to him other than he's not showing up at the office directly for a period of time. It's a really bad look for the team.

Yea so apparently if he is suspended the season the browns can essentially push back his contract a year. He still gets his 45mil signing bonus, but they only owed him 1mil for the first year of his contract. So if he is suspended the year the browns only have to pay Watson 1mil next year. From a cap perspective it would be the prorated signing bonus + 1mil so not bad. Year two on his contract he is owed significantly more money, and he would get that next year if he plays this year.

Well that’s not too bad.

It’s still crazy that this franchise has traded a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and a conditional 5th in different drafts for 3 different QBs within about 15 months.

And it’s quite possible that the team will have a new coach in 8 months and be looking to draft a QB.

Love the move, try to make something happen. If it doesn't work, almost no skin off our backs. Let's get Robby the fuck outta here with his attitude, and let Baker try to cook

Who would’ve thought last year that baker could be had for less than Darnold? Not me. That trade continues to look worse by the minute.

Who would’ve thought last year that baker could be had for less than Darnold? Not me. That trade continues to look worse by the minute.

Plus picking up the 5th year option. There are a lot of things wrong with Rhule but his confident stupidity is the worst.

Is Sam even going to be on the roster when the season starts? Can’t imagine he’d be QB2 over Corral

Don't know or care. The damage has already been done and the market is set for a trade. Can't see getting more than a conditional 6th for him while paying most of his salary.

Gave up a third for Corral and a fifth for former #1 Mayfield.

Either Rhule is a QB retread resurrector or he isn’t. So far he hasn’t been but I guess this is his final exam.

Back