• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 Carolina Panthers Thread - Move to the 2023 thread

PhDeac

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
Reaction score
#KeepPounding

LOL
https://www.panthers.com/news/panthers-round-out-coaching-staff-gilbride-dailey-kugler

The son of the former Chargers head coach and Giants offensive coordinator of the same name, the 42-year-old Gilbride has also coached tight ends for the Bears, and was a quality control coach and receivers coach with the Giants as well. He also worked on the Temple staff when Panthers head coach Matt Rhule was an assistant there (2007-09).

He replaces former tight ends coach Brian Angelichio, who is leaving to pursue another opportunity.

The Panthers also hired Joe Dailey as wide receivers coach. The former University of North Carolina quarterback and receiver spent the last two seasons coaching wide receivers at Boston College.

He has also worked as offensive coordinator at New Mexico, and spent seven years at Liberty, along with stops at Buffalo, Kansas, and Bethune Cookman. He has played for and coached under veteran assistant Frank Cignetti, who was McAdoo's quarterback coach with the Giants.

The Panthers also added Robert Kugler as assistant offensive line coach.

Kugler, a Purdue product who had a brief stint with the Bills in 2016, has coached at Texas-El Paso, Washington, and Appalachian State before joining new Panthers line coach James Campen with the Texans last year. He's the son of longtime coach Sean Kugler, who is now the offensive line coach and run game coordinator for the Cardinals.

Two legacies and a nobody.

Some people related to the Panthers are enjoying the offseason more than others.

4419e8060afd41b98f1079266de1022c.jpg

Six years later and our O-line still sucks.

Watched a PFF mock, and they had y'all taking Cross at 6. The PFF guys had Jax and NYG taking OTs, which makes sense. But they have Det, Hou and NYJ taking best defensive players available in Hutchinson, Hamilton and Thibodeaux, which makes sense because they all have adequate to good LTs. The other thing they had, which makes some sense is a run on WRs from 9-13. As for QBs, they had Corral going to WTF, Willis to Pit and Pickett to Det at 32. They're definitely not fans of this QB class.

Pickett to Detroit at #32. You know he's loving hearing that projection.

i know we don't need him......... but would like kyle hamilton if he slipped to 6

i will be upset if we draft anything other than OL in the first round

we need to just stop

cousins is trash

tank for stroud and bryce young

I remember seeing the Panthers play at Death Valley in the first season.

I don't hate Cousins but I hate the idea of trading away our #6 pick to get him when we will still need help on the OL, like we have for a decade.

we need to stop trading for shitty also-rans. just suck it up and draft a QB (not this year, though).

Back