• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 27: WF at Duke -- Tuesday 7 pm: ESPN

Duke had so much talent. They don't need gifts from the stripes. Our best player had the same number of fouls as their entire team. And even rece Davis called out the insanity of the third on man man. It's got to slow up when Rat retires. Uggh

Coaching optics for Duke will be a lot different next year when K is gone and Scheyer is on the sideline by himself. Also, Forbes won't be the most junior (in ACC years) coach.

I can’t fucking stomach watching these nerds play teams other than WF, but it always amazes me when marginal teams win in Cameron. Do the refs fuck us worse than the average team?

Coaching optics for Duke will be a lot different next year when K is gone and Scheyer is on the sideline by himself. Also, Forbes won't be the most junior (in ACC years) coach.

might be part of it, but i think it’s the atmosphere that influences the refs more than anything. i know it’s proven that refs favor the home team and iirc that was driven by the atmosphere more than the physical location.

Greenberg is right. It was smart to attack Alondes. Simple shit like that adds way up season after season. Bullshit call, but definitely good strategy.

Unfortunately I think Scheyer will be good. Duke is smart to make him face of the team as much as possible - makes sense to send him out for the dumb interview.

Hard to not be disgusted by one-sided calls. But you do have to give it to K - the small details adding up over 40 years and you end up with all the deference in the world. It’s like how Dean was toward the end, only 1.5x worse.

might be part of it, but i think it’s the atmosphere that influences the refs more than anything. i know it’s proven that refs favor the home team and iirc that was driven by the atmosphere more than the physical location.

Another couple thousand square feet in the building, and they get no calls.

Didn't Seth Greenberg have a big hissy fit in Cameron one year?

Rewound to the Monsanto leveling. Looked like the dook player was going for charge call, either way a clear foul. The baseline, bald official, saw the entire thing.

If Forbes really thinks he's going to win 30 in this conference, he can't be a push over against the current elite coaches. The refs need to know he's a nice guy but will embarrass them on national tv if they pull this crap against him.

Don't need him to be a psycho on the sideline but if there are no consequences to poor officiating it will go on for ever.

If Forbes wanted to carve his name in ACC granite, he would put his team on the bus at halftime and drive home.

"We play as a team. If the ACC doesn't want one of the Demon Deacons to play, none of them will play. When they're ready to have a basketball game, we'll play. Until then, they know where to find us."

I trust that Forbes is as angry as we are. I also think he stayed calm because we still have a chance to win and why hurt those chances with a tech. He will pick his spots.

Greenberg is right. It was smart to attack Alondes. Simple shit like that adds way up season after season. Bullshit call, but definitely good strategy.

Unfortunately I think Scheyer will be good. Duke is smart to make him face of the team as much as possible - makes sense to send him out for the dumb interview.

Hard to not be disgusted by one-sided calls. But you do have to give it to K - the small details adding up over 40 years and you end up with all the deference in the world. It’s like how Dean was toward the end, only 1.5x worse.

Yes, and kaye went after dean, so to speak, to get dook on an equal level. No one is just going to give that to you.

K didn't come out of the locker-room at halftime. He is listed as day to day with the bubonic plague.

This is ridiculous. K peaced out so no need for home cooking anymore.

Mark Williams is going to be nice at the next level.

K went home at halftime to beat traffic lol

I trust that Forbes is as angry as we are. I also think he stayed calm because we still have a chance to win and why hurt those chances with a tech. He will pick his spots.

I honestly didn't realize that we had so many former college basketball coaches on here.

Back