• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 27: WF at Duke -- Tuesday 7 pm: ESPN

I wish they could pull off the shocker, but I just dont see K losing to a very fundamentally flawed team on his home court. If Miami could abuse us on our home court I think its a repeat with Duke unless we change our approach. Cannot let manman dribble around so much as we have to pass the ball quickly and rotate vs. Manman just dribbling in place or firing cross court passes right to duke defenders.

The closer we get to the end of coach K’s final ride, the more the refs are gonna give Duke the benefit of the doubt, if that’s even possible. They don’t wanna see one of his final home games marred by these young upstarts from Winston-Salem.

We will have to shoot lights out overcome all of that. Let’s do it boys.

My old school spirit would love to see a real Big Four contest wherein the best traditions of Deacon basketball prevail (and those Bouncing Dorks are told to "shut up"). But I'm wary of a high number of turnovers. I'm just gonna get me an adult beverage or two and see what unfolds.

Interesting nugget here that Coach K shafted Amaker to give Scheyer the job. Think the whole idea that K gets to "pick" his successor is bizarre.
https://nypost.com/2022/02/15/mike-krzyzewski-pushed-tommy-amaker-out-as-duke-successor/

Coach K isn't going anywhere soon. His hand prints will still be all over the program.

In retirement, Coach K believed he would maintain more control over the program through the 34-year-old Scheyer than the 56-year-old Amaker, sources told O’Connor for the book.

We’re not winning this game, i just hope it’s not a blowout and we don’t get embarrassed.

nobody throw any punches

need everyone for the Notre Dame game

I’m going Monsanto day. We shot 2-16 from three when we played these assholes last. That’s not going to happen this time.

Deacs win by 6

There are realities when facing the dark blue that are unlike the realities of facing most other teams. I don't expect that to change.

The difference in the game will be the fouls not called. How many non-calls does each team get?

Coach K isn't going anywhere soon. His hand prints will still be all over the program.

In retirement, Coach K believed he would maintain more control over the program through the 34-year-old Scheyer than the 56-year-old Amaker, sources told O’Connor for the book.

The sweet part of this is, it was Amaker and Dawkins that actually put kaye in a position to build his dook dynasty. Mr. Relationships.

Curious to see if Duke goes back to hunting Williamson. He's not big enough to defend their guards. Replacing him with Monsanto leaves us perilously thin on ball handling, though. I didn't see the UVA game, but the same obviously applies to Clark and that didn't prove insurmountable.

Clearly, I don't expect a win as history does not favor us. If there is one chance for us to win it's the fact that back when we did win in Cameron, the names were RR, Childress and Duncan. And many of those teams had two of those. Alondes and Jake probably give us the best opportunity in years. If they are at the top of their game it could be interesting. Of course, the rest of the team will have to show up as well to pull it off.

But, as CP3, knows kaye will, no doubt, have a plan try and neutralize one or both.

Don't think it'll be a blowout and I think we've got a chance for all the reasons Pilch mentions. Not going to fault anybody for betting against the Deacs in Cameron, though. Twenty-five year losing streak speaks for itself.

Curious to see if Duke goes back to hunting Williamson. He's not big enough to defend their guards. Replacing him with Monsanto leaves us perilously thin on ball handling, though. I didn't see the UVA game, but the same obviously applies to Clark and that didn't prove insurmountable.

we will have two of

ManMan
Daivien

Whitt
Hildreth

in the game at almost all times. Obviously the first two for the vast majority of the time.

we will have two of

ManMan
Daivien

Whitt
Hildreth

in the game at almost all times. Obviously the first two for the vast majority of the time.

Right. I definitely want him in there on offense. Going to need Daivien to hit some threes and hopefully we can limit Griffen's open looks from three.

Back