• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 27: WF at Duke -- Tuesday 7 pm: ESPN

Curious to see if Duke goes back to hunting Williamson. He's not big enough to defend their guards. Replacing him with Monsanto leaves us perilously thin on ball handling, though. I didn't see the UVA game, but the same obviously applies to Clark and that didn't prove insurmountable.

The UVA game was inexplicable. Griffin made one bucket and Banchero didn't take a shot in the entire 2nd half. UVA made 1 three pointer all game until the last-second game winner. Banchero drove it into the paint and could have taken a 5 footer to seal it and tried some ridiculous shovel pass into 2 defenders instead. Clark and the other UVA guards barely bothered getting a hand up against Duke's starters from deep but they shot 25% anyway on mostly wide open looks anyway.

We'd beat that Duke team by 20 so I hope that's who shows up. But my guess is we'll get something closer to what we saw last time against us, Banchero taking 23 shots and hitting step-back 3's, Griffin making everything, etc. It'll be infuriating to watch comparatively.

The UVA game was inexplicable. Griffin made one bucket and Banchero didn't take a shot in the entire 2nd half. UVA made 1 three pointer all game until the last-second game winner. Banchero drove it into the paint and could have taken a 5 footer to seal it and tried some ridiculous shovel pass into 2 defenders instead. Clark and the other UVA guards barely bothered getting a hand up against Duke's starters from deep but they shot 25% anyway on mostly wide open looks anyway.

We'd beat that Duke team by 20 so I hope that's who shows up. But my guess is we'll get something closer to what we saw last time against us, Banchero taking 23 shots and hitting step-back 3's, Griffin making everything, etc. It'll be infuriating to watch comparatively.

Sounds about right. I looked it up and we average a little over 15 turnovers in our losses and 14 per game overall so that was less of a bellwether stat than I assumed, but did notice that UVA had 5 turnovers in that game so that obviously helped.

Any way to look at points off turnovers instead of the raw number of turnovers?

I feel like in the losses we've had, there have been a lot more of those "atomic bomb" type turnovers that Forbes always talks about.

Any way to look at points off turnovers instead of the raw number of turnovers?

I feel like in the losses we've had, there have been a lot more of those "atomic bomb" type turnovers that Forbes always talks about.

I’m sure there is, though that’s beyond my abilities. Also the turnover numbers look worse in losses if you take out the weird Louisville game.

About 10 years ago I realized I cannot watch a Duke basketball game.

Even if they are playing WFU.

We inexplicably turn the ball over more than any basketball team I have ever seen. And we're heading into Cameron for one of K's final games. I'd be shocked if we keep this within 30. It will be over by the second TV timeout.

For those interested in betting handicap on the WF/Duke game check out the Three-Man-Weave take on today game at the 25:15 mark of this video. Among the takes is that WF has big edge in the coaching battle (which is 100% accurate). Two of the three "Weavers" pick WF to cover. They also like WF on the half time line:

i'm worried that we still don't have anyone to guard paolo

forbes and staff will need to get creative

For those interested in betting handicap on the WF/Duke game check out the Three-Man-Weave take on today game at the 25:15 mark of this video. Among the takes is that WF has big edge in the coaching battle (which is 100% accurate). Two of the three "Weavers" pick WF to cover. They also like WF on the half time line:

Did they watch our last game with dook?

I know we all like to bash K, because he deserves it. But saying Wake has the coaching advantage seems like a stretch. Last I checked, K is heading to the Hall of Fame. Forbes did a good job at ETSU and has done a great job this year thus far. Unless SheyerFace is coaching again, although he coached the first large Duke win.

I know we all like to bash K, because he deserves it. But saying Wake has the coaching advantage seems like a stretch. Last I checked, K is heading to the Hall of Fame. Forbes did a good job at ETSU and has done a great job this year thus far. Unless SheyerFace is coaching again, although he coached the first large Duke win.

K ain’t been coaching Duke for a while now.

i'm worried that we still don't have anyone to guard paolo

forbes and staff will need to get creative

And we have to find some way of keeping Jake out of foul trouble if he's gonna be the guy on Paolo...

Clearly, I don't expect a win as history does not favor us. If there is one chance for us to win it's the fact that back when we did win in Cameron, the names were RR, Childress and Duncan. And many of those teams had two of those. Alondes and Jake probably give us the best opportunity in years. If they are at the top of their game it could be interesting. Of course, the rest of the team will have to show up as well to pull it off.

But, as CP3, knows kaye will, no doubt, have a plan try and neutralize one or both.

January 11, 1997

It was a great night watching the great Timmy D put on another beautiful performance and another solid spanking for the dookies. I don't know why, but I seem to remember K fuming and being more off putting with the officials than normal. I remember him being beet red walking off the Court that night.

It was a lovely night.

Tyler Cameron will be there tonight cheering for Duke with his fellow Cameron Crazies according to his Instagram. Cane we take back his diploma?

I fear we are going to lose by about 20.

I like Forbes. But his job is to coach 'em up so they are READY to play at Cameron and find a way to beat Duke. Surprises always happen in sports. But the idea that beating Duke is ALL about making shots is baloney. Teams need to have a clear idea of what they want to do, and then make SOME shots. Not all shots go in. Refs favor Duke in Cameron and the Universe. Players need to have a "how to overcome" all of that to beat Duke and K at Cameron. Forbes has to provide the glue, the belief and the plan to find a way to win. Stand up coach and help the team win this game.

So, when we win will Man Man throw his head band in the stands?! :thumbsup:

Back