• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT - PhDeac CT #1 - Greatest Chat Thread of All Time? A Retrospective

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goddamnit it takes so many tries to post a photo on here, why?

all the money raised has gone to multiple different farms

Here is the original argument.

Putting Giannis at PG is a shrewd move by the Bucks. It would be easier for teams to clear a spot in the lineup to pursue him at SF, PF, or SG but plenty of teams have their PG of the future. They wouldn't risk losing a good player for a PG in progress.

Why would the Bucks playing him at point dissuade other teams from signing him?

Besides what I said?

I'm not sure what you're saying. How often has a team with a franchise PG pursue a max PG? Why would PG Giannis go somewhere he wouldn't likely play PG?[/QUOTE]

Giannis sees himself as a PG. Even as recent as last year, Giannis was saying how much he likes to be the primary ballhandler, but he gave it up for the good of the team and they brought in Jrue to be the true PG which is a role guys like MCW, Bledsoe, and Brogdon didn't really fill. And Giannis still runs the offense much of the time.

Bucks assist leader by season:

2015-16: MCW 5.2 (4.3)
2016-17: Giannis 5.4
2017-18: Bledsoe 5.1 (Giannis 4.8)
2018-19: Giannis 5.9
2019-20: Giannis 5.6
2020-21: Holiday 6.1 (Giannis 5.9)
2021-22: Holiday 6.6 (Giannis 6.1)

I need Ph to lay this argument out axiomatically like Spinoza

Definitions

I. By point guard, I mean any basketball player who primarily handles the ball
II. By max contract, I mean a 4y/$215 contract
III. That thing is called preference which exists solely in the mind of a player and is witnessed as a desire to play for one team over another.

Axioms
I. All point guards play basketball.
II. All point guards prefer the point guard position.
III. A point guard cannot play alongside another point guard.

Propositions

I.????
Proof: see axioms 1,2&3

I need Ph to lay this argument out axiomatically like Spinoza

Definitions

I. By point guard, I mean any basketball player who primarily handles the ball
II. By max contract, I mean a 4y/$215 contract
III. That thing is called preference which exists solely in the mind of a player and is witnessed as a desire to play for one team over another.

Axioms
I. All point guards play basketball.
II. All point guards prefer the point guard position.
III. A point guard cannot play alongside another point guard.

Propositions

I.????
Proof: see axioms 1,2&3

Yeah, I'm not doing that.

then I guess it remains a deeply illogical taek

Bro I still be getting high school carnations.

We sell ring pops now though for the V-day fundraiser.

I think the valentine dispersal is much more evenly dispersed throughout social classes in high school now.

GMPO.gif

I feel unfairly attacked by this thread title - I did not bring up the Point Giannis topic, I posted tweets about unpopular high school students

I feel unfairly attacked by this thread title - I did not bring up the Point Giannis topic, I posted tweets about unpopular high school students

My bad. I’ll change it when I get back to my computer tonight.

My bad. I’ll change it when I get back to my computer tonight.

When it's your chat thread, you never have to apologize. If your titles bother someone, leave them up longer!

Regarding the topic of interviews and hiring in a pandemic...

Was let go on January 4th. The first work day of 2022. It was done via Zoom and the whole thing took like 30 seconds. Felt like a big fuck you from a boss who pretended to value our relationship over the last few years. But I digress.

Over the last month, I seriously considered two jobs:

The first was something a bit different than what I have done the last 15 years. The job was mine for the taking, but I had my doubts. So I pushed for an in person meeting up in NY at their HQ and it became clear it would be a terrible fit for me.

The second was basically the same job I've been doing for a different firm. We hammered out the details over a few phone calls and I accepted without meeting anyone in person.

Glad I went up to meet the other company because something just felt wrong and that was confirmed on the visit. Hopefully my lack of an in person visit with this other company wasn't a mistake (but I know a few of my co-workers already, so I'm less worried about it).

Was it a group Zoom meeting with you, your boss and like 800 coworkers?

Glad that it is a relatively short unemployment

Was it a group Zoom meeting with you, your boss and like 800 coworkers?

Glad that it is a relatively short unemployment

Nah, it was his assistant sending me an e-mail... "Hey, XXX wants to catch up with you at noon! That work for you?"

When I logged into the meeting, it was me and HR and then he showed up like 3 minutes later and asked about my kids. I was like, "Dude... Let's just get on with this."

Small(ish) company of less than 200 people. He did 3 of these Zooms back to back to back.

When it's your chat thread, you never have to apologize. If your titles bother someone, leave them up longer!

Palma ruled with fear. I intend to rule with respect.

Came here to post about plama's epic female anatomy and undergarment take, but ITC beat me by hours.

Never forget

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back