• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT - PhDeac CT #1 - Greatest Chat Thread of All Time? A Retrospective

Status
Not open for further replies.
The way I am is the best Eminem song

I'm in Mexico and I rented a car yesterday and this radio station was playing RHCP followed by Marvin Gaye, Final Countdown, all over the place

they played Toy Soldiers and it was the first time I'd heard that song in like 10 years

I admit I'm not as cool as everyone else, so explain to me why Kendrick was included since everyone else I remember was from the 90's/early 2000s. Didn't Kendrick come along a lot later?

That’s why Kendrick was included.

The list of Super Bowl halftime shows immediately after the nip slip is peak old white guy safety first. Yesterday’s halftime is a reminder about how fucked it was that when the Superbowl was in Atlanta we got the fun treat of Maroon 5.

Are Kendrick and Chance just basically done with releasing new music at this point?

feels pretty weird that line up was the "safe boomer bet" for halftime show

I admit I'm not as cool as everyone else, so explain to me why Kendrick was included since everyone else I remember was from the 90's/early 2000s. Didn't Kendrick come along a lot later?

Yeah, neither my wife or me knew who he was

Are Kendrick and Chance just basically done with releasing new music at this point?

Kendrick announced over the summer that he was working on his last album with TDE. No telling when it will drop.

Yeah, neither my wife or me knew who he was

Kendrick has probably been the critical consensus best rapper for the last 8 -10 years. He has 3 platinum records, won 13 Grammy awards and been named one of the top 100 most influential people in the world by Time magazine.

Kendrick has probably been the critical consensus best rapper for the last 8 -10 years. He has 3 platinum records, won 13 Grammy awards and been named one of the top 100 most influential people in the world by Time magazine.

Yet he still lost out on a Grammy to Macklemore.

the thing that bugged me about eminem's performance is the same thing that bugged me when i saw him at bonnaroo a decade ago-- it's way too obvious that he's not actually fucking rapping on stage

like yeah everyone there is probably lip syncing, fine, whatever, but eminem was the only one there who wasn't even holding the mic up for long stretches

maybe a silly complaint but meh (also, yeah, "lose yourself" is such a boring choice)

The list of Super Bowl halftime shows immediately after the nip slip is peak old white guy safety first. Yesterday’s halftime is a reminder about how fucked it was that when the Superbowl was in Atlanta we got the fun treat of Maroon 5.

Yep. Wasted opportunity. They could have done rap and country with just local artists.

Yep. But even Kendrick isn't necessarily a young. Good Kind, M.A.A.D City came out 10 years ago.

Seeing a lot of this on the internets. All the performers except Kendrick are firmly Gen X. Hell, Eninem turns 50 this year.

273988943_10222833682325523_7253909840704093255_n.jpg

I don't know if that halftime show was even top 5 lol

the thing that bugged me about eminem's performance is the same thing that bugged me when i saw him at bonnaroo a decade ago-- it's way too obvious that he's not actually fucking rapping on stage

like yeah everyone there is probably lip syncing, fine, whatever, but eminem was the only one there who wasn't even holding the mic up for long stretches

maybe a silly complaint but meh (also, yeah, "lose yourself" is such a boring choice)

50 for sure wasn't lip syncing because he sounding like he was upside-down to start.

Is it a warning sign that I could go hang out with any of my friends for the weekend but I'd rather spend it all by myself in the woods?

nah, sometimes you just need to do a nice little shinrin-yoku

I'm really enjoying all of the people in their 30s-40s saying on twitter or whatever that this was a great super bowl halftime show because the target demographic finally wasn't old people, not realizing that the target demographic didn't change, they just are the old people now

Last edited:
Memes from the halftime show are fucking fantastic. That was a top tier halftime show, probably second to only the GOAT of halftime shows Shakira and Jlo which shall never be topped.

You misspelled Prince.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back