• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT - PhDeac CT #1 - Greatest Chat Thread of All Time? A Retrospective

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm not a prince "fan" but agree that he does not suck and I enjoyed plenty of his popular songs, and plenty of people who know a lot more about the art of music than i do consider him to be on their mt rushmore or something, so i tend to defer to that.

music, like painting, seems to be one of those things where if I don't "get it" it's very hard to discern who sucks, the artist, or me as the audience. Part of me wants to say if I don't get it, that's on the artist, but I have also seen enough art grow on me in my lifetime that I can see it's not that simple.

i always feel like saying "X Sucks" without any other qualifier is just a way to say " i don't really have an opinion on artist X other than meh, but i'm super sick of people gushing about them"

so it says more about the poster than any aesthetic evaluation

love to sit at a dinner table wearing a suit to watch the Super Bowl

purple rain
rasperry beret
little red corvette

and those are all top ten hits from 2 albums in the 80s and only listening to the radio.

I know I’ve heard purple rain , from my recollection it’s incredibly slow and boring. The others I likely heard but have no memory of. Good Chappelle show skit, but meh artist

it's also funny because now ppl are gonna gush prince

Fucking god damn, prince doesn’t suck. I just don’t want gen X out here thinking they had a better Super Bowl than the elite millennials.

99.9% of Americans can't name two prince songs. Gen X give it up.

You ironically chose one of the handful of musical acts of of all time for whom that criticism is probably wrong - When Doves Cry & Purple Rain are two of the most well known pop songs in American history.

I know I’ve heard purple rain , from my recollection it’s incredibly slow and boring. The others I likely heard but have no memory of. Good Chappelle show skit, but meh artist

Prince also has not worked with Pitbull

this from a guy with a Sia video for his avatar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back