• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

"One of the largest events" in Groves Stadium history | Paul McCartney Sat, May 21

Indigo Girls played at Wait Chapel though.

They also had a hypnotist.

The Grateful Dead played Carter-Finley, Cameron, and the Dean Dome. It's our turn, dammit!

Has a soccer game ever been played at Groves? My guess would be no, at least if they wanted the field anywhere close to generally accepted field size. The sideline space is small by most standards and most overlapping football fields and soccer fields require quite a bit more room. I guess you could do it in some kind of exhibition that doesn’t really matter.

Jerry World in Dallas can't be modified to regulation soccer size either, a huge oversight when they built the thing, but they still have exhibitions there frequently. I saw a Mexico vs. Brazil matchup there once.

Closest I ever saw the Dead while at Wake was G'boro (2x). Also went to shows in Charlotte and Duke plus Hampton and Norfolk in the 79-82 time frame. If it's D&C, I will be there. For one year at Gboro, we rented a W-S transit bus, and the driver had never seen a keg. When we told her what it was she asked, "You boys gonna get beer from THAT?" Oh yes ma'am we are.

I want to see a live stream hat pick to announce the event. Currie at the table, thanking God and his family. “With that being said, I’m using my talents to select the event of…”

Didn't the US just play a WC qualifier in Canada on a narrower-than-regulation pitch? No idea how narrow, and how narrow the pitch would be at Groves

the width of the pitch wouldn't be an issue for footy. standard American football field width is well within regulation - especially for a friendly

Church has pissed off all App fans. He was on the sideline of the app/UNC game in chapel hill wearing a UNC jersey. Walmart. Combs on the other hand, loves his university and football team.

That’s dumb. GTHC and all that but App and Carolina are not rivals.

but please don't reach out to them because i really shouldn't be sharing this

Wow I can’t believe what it actually is. Truly historic!

If the intel is true, it blows the monorail out of the water.

Back