• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

"One of the largest events" in Groves Stadium history | Paul McCartney Sat, May 21

I’m not impressed the President of Wake Forest would go out and shill for an aging pop star’s concert at our football stadium. It’s truly not a “historical event” and it frankly cheapens the office of the president of Wake Forest. Would the president of another major American university president go play fanboy or fan girl to sell tickets for some old pop
star. Lame as fuck if true.

Relax. They’re personal friends.

And I’m personal friends with both. Not saying I arranged this but just saying.

I’m not impressed the President of Wake Forest would go out and shill for an aging pop star’s concert at our football stadium. It’s truly not a “historical event” and it frankly cheapens the office of the president of Wake Forest. Would the president of another major American university president go play fanboy or fan girl to sell tickets for some old pop
star. Lame as fuck if true.

By that definition what would suit her being there?

There is no way it’s really McCartney right? No way he can sell out a football stadium. I would imagine he’s typically playing 5k person venues.

The greatest rock star of all time playing at a sold out Groves Stadium is not underwhelming. He still puts on an incredible show.

He is the King of Pop! First ever holographic performance since his untimely death. I for one and pumped.

Arguing about McCartney when you’re going to be getting like a Weezer cover band.

There is no way it’s really McCartney right? No way he can sell out a football stadium. I would imagine he’s typically playing 5k person venues.
You aren't serious? Played Greensboro Coliseum in 2014 sold out great show.

I think I’m coming around to McCartney opening for REO Speedwagon during Wrestlemania.

Back