• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

"One of the largest events" in Groves Stadium history | Paul McCartney Sat, May 21

you think Boomers make that distinction?

It's a Beatle and the most famous one still alive. End of.

What distinction should we be making? Are there younger Beatles? My generation grew up with the Beatles. I sat on the floor of my parents’ house to watch their Ed Sullivan performance in 1964. My generation grew up with the Beatles. And I still listen to their music. I would pay to see Paul McCartney tomorrow.

I could see getting a group of friends together and going. Could be fun. I've never seen a Beatle in concert and doing so at Truist seems pretty fun. Not sure why we trot all the Winston-Salem elites out to announce this, or any concert for that matter. It's a concert.

Having McCartney would be cool, but this is a dismal display of marketing. The WFU senoir staff is just dumb. Smallish.

I saw McCartney in Columbia in 2015 and it was awesome. A bucket list convert for me. I’d probably drive up to see sir Paul at WFU’s stadium

Can somebody actually provide an example of an event that they would feel would meet their expectation?

Wellman announced the Billy Joel concert - this one has the mayor and Wente.

Gotta be someone bigger. Paul McCartney comes to mind, which would be insane. He has played events associated with that promoter (AEG Presents) before per google.

I promise y'all I did not have any inside intel on this, lol

Can somebody actually provide an example of an event that they would feel would meet their expectation?

I was honestly expecting a sporting event with this level of hype. There is no musical act that deserves this.

Having McCartney would be cool, but this is a dismal display of marketing. The WFU senoir staff is just dumb. Smallish.

there's a 16 page thread on this from a mysterious tweet last week

seems like they're doing pretty well

My source said it was going to be Bad Bunny, which, imo, is befitting of an announcement from Pres Wente. Multiple A1 sauces corroborated, so something must have fell through and they had to bring this guy in as a last minute backup.

Back