• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

"One of the largest events" in Groves Stadium history | Paul McCartney Sat, May 21

McCartney's corny, but I'm sure it'll be a fun show. That dude can play.

Gen x and going to see Paul McCartney was like the soundtrack of your life. Great songs that have influenced so much since. One of the foundations of psychedelic rock.

Paul McCartney is credited as the writer of 32 #1 hits in his career. That is unequalled by anyone. He might be old but he is a singular talent in the world of music. It would not surprise me if President Wente would feel honored to meet an artist that accomplished. I imagine most on this board would feel honored to meet Paul McCartney as well. Rare is the opportunity to meet the best in the world in their profession.

Paul McCartney is credited as the writer of 32 #1 hits in his career. That is unequalled by anyone. He might be old but he is a singular talent in the world of music. It would not surprise me if President Wente would feel honored to meet an artist that accomplished. I imagine most on this board would feel honored to meet Paul McCartney as well. Rare is the opportunity to meet the best in the world in their profession.

Yet you people banned RJ. Makes you wonder.

I've seen McCartney 4-5 times in the last dozen or so years, and by no means is the audience made up exclusively of boomers. Lots of folks in their 20's-40's, and they appear to know the music & lyrics as much as those of us who were around back in their prime.
Last time I saw him in Raleigh, a gal in front of me who was probably in her late 20's was wearing a "I Blame Yoko" t-shirt; good job raising her mom & dad.

Forgive my ignorance; does he play Beatles songs?

If only MJ was still around ... "Say, Say, Say" was a total banger and good music video too.

McCartney announced concerts at dozens of other football stadiums this week. No one else had a press conference.

Not a football stadium but the Orioles at least had a press conference with the mayor of Baltimore

I like The Beatles as much as anybody but that part of my life is pretty much over. I might make the effort if it was in Charlotte and I cold Uber home, but I wouldn't drive to W-S or Columbia (same distance) to see Paul play songs that were written before I was even born. I don't think my wife is going to have a different opinion when I present this to her.

Just counted nine Beatles CDs in my collection and thought it would have been more.

I mean it’s pretty freaking cool to see a Beatle play the opening riff of Day Tripper

And the pop on Live and Let Die is always fun

Back