• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

"One of the largest events" in Groves Stadium history | Paul McCartney Sat, May 21

Anyone else getting completely effed by Ticketmaster's website for the deaconclub presale?

I only hit 1-2 concerts a year if that, so I'm in the "go big or stay home" camp, i.e. I'll spend the extra $$ to make the event more enjoyable & hassle-free. So was hoping there would be a premier/v.i.p. parking option for this one, but none listed on the Ticketmaster site. Can anyone who went to Billy Joel or G&R comment on what the parking options were and/or any suggestions?
30K at a Wake football game is not a problem with parking, as most everyone has a prepaid lot pass and they know the set-up, but guessing this one could be a cluster.

I only hit 1-2 concerts a year if that, so I'm in the "go big or stay home" camp, i.e. I'll spend the extra $$ to make the event more enjoyable & hassle-free. So was hoping there would be a premier/v.i.p. parking option for this one, but none listed on the Ticketmaster site. Can anyone who went to Billy Joel or G&R comment on what the parking options were and/or any suggestions?
30K at a Wake football game is not a problem with parking, as most everyone has a prepaid lot pass and they know the set-up, but guessing this one could be a cluster.

I don't recall there being parking passes for Billy Joel. I just remember getting to the LJVM was a traffic nightmare.

i finally got my email yesterday but it went to spam

I don't recall there being parking passes for Billy Joel. I just remember getting to the LJVM was a traffic nightmare.

Billy Joel parking was very easy because we treated it just like one of our football games, got there early,
parked in the Red Lot and tailgated.

Does anyone have any good recs as to what section or side would be best for the cheaper seats at this concert?? Prices are all over the place. What about Deacon Tower - any advantages or disadvantages??

Does anyone have any good recs as to what section or side would be best for the cheaper seats at this concert?? Prices are all over the place. What about Deacon Tower - any advantages or disadvantages??

The stage is the stage. I guess if you want weather protection and a great view of McCreary video screen instead of looking at the stage then yeah Deacon Tower might be your ticket. I’m sure they will have large stage side video screens also. Pray for good weather, buy field seats, arrive early and tailgate and soak it in. We are very fortunate.

Wake just sent an email about reserved parking. Only options are Red Lot ($60.00) and shuttle from 1st Assembly ($15.00).

not sure a spoiler alert or not, but Paul's doing a pretty cool thing for one of his songs on this tour. apparently Peter Jackson helped set him up on this.

We are DH. Me and my buddy sat there for Billy Joel and it was great. straight on look at stage.

I heard that Appleby kid is announcing his transfer decision on twitter.com today

I will come if they burn Yoko Ono at the stake in one of the endzones

Back