• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

"One of the largest events" in Groves Stadium history | Paul McCartney Sat, May 21

Old joke here….probably from the 90s.

2 girls weee in a record store. One of them picked up a Beatles album, looked at it and exclaimed ‘Look, Paul McCartney was in a band before Wings!’

Guess I should just Let It Be. We have no idea what A Day in the Life is like for these kids.
Agreed. I Don't Want to Spoil the Party, but I seriously struggle to Imagine* how difficult it must be to Carry That Weight as a high-level prospect who has to Think For Yourself. I'm So Tired just thinking about it.**

* Yes, I know this is a JL solo song.

** No worries, I'll show myself out.

Tickets are trading well under face now on stubhub for this one. Big oops for those who bought.

Nice ticket in Fort Worth though on Tuesday. Winston is just not a thriving market unfortunately. There is little money and less support for events like this.

Tickets are trading well under face now on stubhub for this one. Big oops for those who bought.

Nice ticket in Fort Worth though on Tuesday. Winston is just not a thriving market unfortunately. There is little money and less support for events like this.

should've done it at Wallace Wade. Now there's a hot ticket!

Back to Paul...

Probably already mentioned but heard there’s one hit you will NOT hear.....’Back In The USSR’

Forth Worth is in a small indoor arena (smaller than the Joel). I just glanced at the other sites on Vivid Seats. Orlando has tickets at Camping World Stadium starting in the $30 range. Not sure your premise about seat prices and Winston-Salem being thriving or not holds up here.

Forth Worth is in a small indoor arena (smaller than the Joel). I just glanced at the other sites on Vivid Seats. Orlando has tickets at Camping World Stadium starting in the $30 range. Not sure your premise about seat prices and Winston-Salem being thriving or not holds up here.

Oh heck, DR probably now thinks Groves is too big for fball.

You DO realize this type of concert draws from at least a 200 mile radius? Right? Places like Raleigh, Charlotte and the holier-than-thou shithole known as Durham are in the mix here but lets not let facts get in the way.
Maybe it's because he's 80 and not everyone on planet earth is a Beatles' fan. Just a wild thought.

You DO realize this type of concert draws from at least a 200 mile radius? Right? Places like Raleigh, Charlotte and the holier-than-thou shithole known as Durham are in the mix here but lets not let facts get in the way.
Maybe it's because he's 80 and not everyone on planet earth is a Beatles' fan. Just a wild thought.

I'm coming in from Charlotte. Got tickets because I've never seen him live and I'm running out of opportunities. Don't regret buying two field tickets when they went on sale at all as I like to just have tickets in hand in a location I want upfront early, especially for events like this one.

Any suggestions for parking for the show. Coming from DC area, staying at an airbnb off Tabor Road. Appreciate anyone's help on that.

Any suggestions for parking for the show. Coming from DC area, staying at an airbnb off Tabor Road. Appreciate anyone's help on that.

Don't know if it's sold out or not, but you could get a reserved spot in the red lot for $60.00 thru the athletic dept; all other parking is general admission or shuttle from the mega-church north of campus.
Based on some stories I've heard from people who went to Billy Joel and/or G&R at Truist, was worth it for me to lock in a a guaranteed spot near the entrance.

Last edited:
Don't know if it's sold out or not, but you could get a reserved spot in the red lot for $60.00 thru the athletic dept; all other parking is general admission or shuttle from the mega-church north of campus.
Based on some stories I've heard from people who went to Billy Joel and/or G&R at Truist, was worth it for me to lock in a a guaranteed spot near the entrance.

Thanks!

It's almost completely sold out. What are you talking about? Are you negative about everything in life?

It's almost completely sold out. What are you talking about? Are you negative about everything in life?

There's maybe 200 tickets left for sale eight days before this show takes place and DR acting like it's a failure. Just absurd.

Back