• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

"One of the largest events" in Groves Stadium history | Paul McCartney Sat, May 21

You have to be trolling at this point with these takes. The NHL has held outdoor games in the stadium series for many years. In fact, there was a big announcement recently that they’re holding one at Carter Finley next year.

Enlighten me. Why would the NHL bring a team that has no affiliation to Winston? Especially when they’re coming to Raleigh next year? YOU HAVE TO BE TROLLING ME

Barry being there instead of Currie makes me think it is something soccer related...

Oh god it's going to be some Mexican soccer game.

Enlighten me. Why would the NHL bring a team that has no affiliation to Winston? Especially when they’re coming to Raleigh next year? YOU HAVE TO BE TROLLING ME

Well, the trolling comment was a culmination of simply awful takes like "I can't wait until ManMan is gone", etc.

I don't think this announcement is about the NHL. But your premise was that the NHL would never play a game outside. That's just comically false.

The last time there was one of these "WE'RE ANNOUNCINNG THERE'S GOING TO BE AN ANNOUNCEMENT" ... announcements, it was for the Billy Joel concert, IIRC.

Makes no sense you'd involve the mayor for something like a rock concert. Maybe some LiveAid type event? Do they even do those these days?

My hunch is a cage match, winner takes all, between RJ and the moderators of this board. That will be historic and I WILL be there!

Makes no sense you'd involve the mayor for something like a rock concert. Maybe some LiveAid type event? Do they even do those these days?

My hunch is a cage match, winner takes all, between RJ and the moderators of this board. That will be historic and I WILL be there!

Mako as special guest referee?

Does Mako turn on the usual suspects and once again become an RJ ally?

You know he's coming in mid match wielding a chair or wooden table leg. Maybe just a really big tree branch. It's not festivus but their airing of grievances on that post match mic would be epic.

Man if they’re moving Iron Maiden from the coliseum to groves I might have to make a trip back to Winston

currently imagining Susan Wente getting pumped up about announcing Iron Maiden

Back